When I rode into Hyder, Alaska on the 4th of July it would be the 50th state that I had rode a motorcycle in 2010.
In May of 2010 I rode a Victory motorcyle in Hawaii on the Big Island.
I went to Hawaii with my wife for our 35th anniversary.
On June 23rd I left Franklin, Wi and rode to Sisseton, SD.
Sisseton, SD would be the starting point for my "49 States in less than 10 days" IBA ride.
On June 24th I left Sisseton and rode through all 48 states on my way to Hyder, Alaska in less than 10 days. The total time to hit all 49 states (8818 miles) was 9 days, 17 hours and 16 minutes. Five of the days were over 1000 miles.
When I arrived in Hyder I became the first person to complete the IBA 49 state ride on a Victory and the first person to ride a Victory motorcycle in all 50 states.
Total miles for the 16 day trip was 11,907 miles. What a ride.
More details and pictures.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fire Fighters Urge Caution Near Fireworks on Independence Day
- Ken Skowronski Leads 82nd District GOP Primary Field in Fundraising
- Muttley Crew rescue dog missing in Oak Creek
- Team Wendy Named Gold Spokes Team for 2013 Bike MS Fundraising Efforts
- IRS Warns of Tax Scam Targeting Wisconsin Residents
- Protecting the Root River Waterway
- Changes Coming to Hales Corners Fire Department & Milwaukee County EMS System
- RCMF Distributes Monetary Grants to Community Organizations
- WIC Clinics Improve Health of Women, Infants, and Children
- Merging The Military And Diplomacy Onboard The U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Eagle