On Aug 25th the Franklin School District will hold their annual meeting of Electors. The agenda item will be to Adopt the Tax Levy. The Board will finalize the Levy in a late fall meeting. The taxpayers must make a statement on Aug 25th, this is your real chance to do so.
Let’s see – the District spent $45.2 million in 2008-09. They estimate to have spent $45.3 million in 2009-10 and propose to spend $48.8 million in 2010-11. That’s a 7.7% increase in expenditures. All that money comes out of taxpayers pockets. At a time of long term high unemployment, pay freezes, pay cuts, too many homes for sale, and governments all over the county cutting expenditures. The Board just does not get it!
Maybe the Board thinks the 89 additional students next year justifies spending $3.5 million more. That’s incredible.
I plan on attending the meeting and voting NO – this Board does not get it. Where is the fiscal responsibility to taxpayers? I don’t see accountability coming out of our elected leaders. They continue to follow administration proposals, the taxpayer be damned.
- Franklin Safety Day
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Flight for Flights Fundraiser
- Children's Christian Theatre Kicks Off 2016 Season
- Beer & Wine Tasting and Auction
- Kid's Clothing Resale
- Kayla's Playground - Pre-build experiences (2)
- Annual Harvest Festival
- August Writers’ Night at the Franklin Public Library
- Free thing to do at Franklin's 4th of July Civic Celebration