On Aug 25th the Franklin School District will hold their annual meeting of Electors. The agenda item will be to Adopt the Tax Levy. The Board will finalize the Levy in a late fall meeting. The taxpayers must make a statement on Aug 25th, this is your real chance to do so.
Let’s see – the District spent $45.2 million in 2008-09. They estimate to have spent $45.3 million in 2009-10 and propose to spend $48.8 million in 2010-11. That’s a 7.7% increase in expenditures. All that money comes out of taxpayers pockets. At a time of long term high unemployment, pay freezes, pay cuts, too many homes for sale, and governments all over the county cutting expenditures. The Board just does not get it!
Maybe the Board thinks the 89 additional students next year justifies spending $3.5 million more. That’s incredible.
I plan on attending the meeting and voting NO – this Board does not get it. Where is the fiscal responsibility to taxpayers? I don’t see accountability coming out of our elected leaders. They continue to follow administration proposals, the taxpayer be damned.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Writers’ Night at the Franklin Public Library
- Charity Bootcamp - Dec 20 at 9am
- Youth Celebrate the End of Tobacco for CVS
- 2014 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 25; Proceeds Support Scholarships for MATC Students
- Sign-Up Now for Franklin Gridiron Golf Outing on July 26!
- Have fun while helping others!
- Kayla's Krew Teams Up Local Businesses for Park Madness
- Milwaukee Admirals Host "Franklin Community Night" on April 12
- “The Parenting Course” at Faith Community Church & Faith Academy in Franklin
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony held for new concession at FHS