The Milwaukee chapter of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI), the area’s leading home improvement and remodeling industry resource for more than 48 years, recently recognized at its November membership meeting those members who successfully completed the association’s certification process. Eight remodeling professionals finished the rigorous programs that are geared to maintain high professional standards among members of Milwaukee/NARI.
Seven members became a Certified Remodeler (CR) and one earned Certified Lead Carpenter (CLC) status. These Milwaukee/NARI members have completed the four-month study program and taken, and passed, an four-hour written exam:
• Richard Burback, CR: Burback Builders, LLC, Muskego, Wis.
• Bingo Emmons, CR: Creative Construction of Wisconsin, Inc., Franklin, Wis.
• James Houghtaling, CR: Renew View Custom Trim, Milwaukee, Wis.
• John Meiners, CR
• Kristian Nielsen, CR: Carl Krueger Construction, Inc., Milwaukee, Wis.
• Jacob Ruiz, CLC: Quality Remodeling Specialists, Inc., Pewaukee, Wis.
• Alan (A.J.) Simon, CR: S.J. Janis Company, Wauwatosa, Wis.
• Ann Weninger, CR: Carmel Builders, Inc., Menomonee Falls, Wis.
The certification program helps maintain the high standards that consumers have come to expect when contacting a Milwaukee/NARI member. Remodeling professionals must meet a number of requirements to qualify for certification, and the certification process requires dedication and commitment to furthering Milwaukee/NARI’s reputation.
Milwaukee/NARI’s certification process works to guarantee quality work from five specialties of home remodeling professionals, including:
• Certified Remodelers (CR): professional Remodelers who provide a full range of remodeling services. To become a Certified Remodeler, candidates must possess skill and knowledge in a broad range of business management and technical skill areas.
• Certified Remodeler Specialists (CRS): professional Remodelers who focus on a specific type of work and serve the needs of homeowners interested in that particular area of technical excellence, such as concrete and masonry work, electrical work, insulation, mechanical systems, plumbing systems, roofing, and siding.
• Certified Lead Carpenters (CLC): hands-on field personnel who oversee all project aspects – customer satisfaction, personnel management, administration, etc. – while working on the project.
• Certified Remodeler Associate (CRA): individuals who actively support the remodeling industry as architects, designers, educators, manufacturers, publishers, suppliers, and consultants.
• Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler (CKBR): professionals that have demonstrated a keen knowledge of the latest information concerning kitchen and bath remodels.
The Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council was chartered in July, 1961 as a Chapter of the National Home Improvement Council. In May of 1982, the National Home Improvement Council merged with the National Remodelers Association to form NARI – the National Association of the Remodeling Industry. With over 900 members, the Milwaukee Chapter is the largest in the nation.
The Council’s goals of encouraging ethical conduct, sound business practices, and professionalism in the remodeling industry have led to the growth of the remodeling industry nationwide and made NARI a recognized authority in that industry.
For more information on the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council and to receive a free copy of an annual membership roster listing all members alphabetically and by category and the booklet, “Milwaukee/NARI’s Remodeling Guide,” call (414) 771-4071 or visit the Council’s Web site at www.milwaukeenari.org.
Photo Caption: Those earning their Certified Professional designations were recognized at the November Milwaukee/NARI membership meeting. Front row, left to right, Ann Weninger, CR, Richard Burback, CR, and John Meiners, CR. Back row, left to right, James Houghtaling, CR, Bingo Emmons, CR, and Kristian Nielsen, CR. Not pictured are Jacob Ruiz, CLC and Alan (A.J.) Simon, CR.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Brewers-Autographed Mower 1st Displayed at Olson's Outdoor Power in Muskego
- THE STARR GROUP HIRES TAYLOR NYARANGI AS GROUP BENEFITS CONSULTANT
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests Ways to Get Your Home’s Green On
- CTV Easter Week Services
- Grand Opening Activities Highlight Importance of Photos
- Build For A Better South Shore
- St. Clare Street Fair
- App Helps Children Accomplish Two Minutes of Brushing
- Grace Christian Academy's 20th Anniversary Auction
- Dulcie Schupe, Watercolor Artist at Tudor Oaks