Layton Terrace Retirement Community is offering an exciting enrichment program for seniors that will begin in September and is open to the community. This program is a part of the Lifelong Learning Program, an innovative enrichment program offering topical curriculum, outings, and other exciting education opportunities taught by academics, writers, artists, and other professionals.
“Adventures in American History,” a four session course is presented by Jo McReynolds-Blochowiak, a lecturer/speaker, writer, and community educator who teaches history, literature, and life story writing. Through this intriguing course, you will be able to look at the various presidential eras that have shaped America into what it is today. We’ll look through the lens of political, social, and cultural history of Taft, Wilson, Harding, Coolidge, Hoover, and Roosevelt. We will not only discuss the presidents who led us through these complex and changing times, but we will also look at the roles and contributions of the first ladies.
This course will be held at Layton Terrace for four consecutive Tuesdays from 2:00-3:00pm. It will begin Tuesday, October 6th and run through October 27th. The cost of this course is $10 for all 4 sessions. Anyone interested in attending should RSVP to Kelly Suha at (414) 425-5600.
Layton Terrace, 9200 W. Layton Ave., Greenfield, is a Laureate Group retirement community, and offers studio, one and two bedroom independent and assisted living apartments. Layton Terrace also features a specialized unit for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program Saturday March 7
- Alverno Presents Joe Westerlund’s Grandma Sparrow & His Piddletractor Orchestra
- Comedy Hypnotist Steven Coppola and Boston Comedian Mark Scalia to Perform at Franklin Elks
- Children's Resale at Robinwood Elementary on April 18
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin