Layton Terrace Retirement Community is offering an exciting enrichment program for seniors that will begin in September and is open to the community. This program is a part of the Lifelong Learning Program, an innovative enrichment program offering topical curriculum, outings, and other exciting education opportunities taught by academics, writers, artists, and other professionals.
“Adventures in American History,” a four session course is presented by Jo McReynolds-Blochowiak, a lecturer/speaker, writer, and community educator who teaches history, literature, and life story writing. Through this intriguing course, you will be able to look at the various presidential eras that have shaped America into what it is today. We’ll look through the lens of political, social, and cultural history of Taft, Wilson, Harding, Coolidge, Hoover, and Roosevelt. We will not only discuss the presidents who led us through these complex and changing times, but we will also look at the roles and contributions of the first ladies.
This course will be held at Layton Terrace for four consecutive Tuesdays from 2:00-3:00pm. It will begin Tuesday, October 6th and run through October 27th. The cost of this course is $10 for all 4 sessions. Anyone interested in attending should RSVP to Kelly Suha at (414) 425-5600.
Layton Terrace, 9200 W. Layton Ave., Greenfield, is a Laureate Group retirement community, and offers studio, one and two bedroom independent and assisted living apartments. Layton Terrace also features a specialized unit for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
- PNC co-sponsors First Business Luncheon for Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Opener on June 2nd
- Hales Corners Youth Music Theatre proudly presents "The Sound of Music"
- Beer Garden
- Valedictorian: Wisconsin Connections Academy Taught Me More than Academics
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- Join us for Croatian Fest 2016
- Martin Luther Softball Advances with Regional Win
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- FRANKLIN YOUTH FOOTBALL REGISTRATION CLOSES ON MAY 31!