The Franklin Lioness Club’s annual Autumn Craft Fair will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 24, at the Oak Creek Campus of Milwaukee Area Technical College, 6665 S. Howell Ave. Close to 70 exhibitors will sell wooden and metal crafts, needlework, hand-woven basketry, floral designs, hand-sewn clothing, folk-painted items and much more.
Admission is $1 (free for children under 12). There will be refreshments and baked goods for sale. Proceeds support scholarships for MATC associate degree students and others. For more information, please call (414) 421-1041.
The largest technical college in the state, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of the economy in southeastern Wisconsin. MATC offers 200 degrees, diplomas, certificates and apprenticeships, plus nearly 400 transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees. A large pre-college program enables people to complete high school and prepare for higher learning. The Office of Corporate Learning provides customized training to incumbent workers. About 48,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses, numerous evening centers and community-based sites, or learn online. Overwhelmingly, MATC graduates build careers and businesses right here at home. Visit www.matc.edu.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- You're Invited!
- Christmas Egypyian Cookie Sale
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Annual Cookie Walk at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- AWA Star "Baron Von Raschke"
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Western Union and Better Business Bureau Warn of Charity Scams During Giving Season
- MECA's Angels for Animals