The Franklin National 9 Year Old Boys All Stars won the Wisconsin District 6 Little League Championship on July 31st at the Oak Creek Little League Complex. The Franklin National team defeated a very strong Oak Creek National team 5 – 4 in the championship game.
Franklin National worked its way through the winners bracket beating Burlington G/B 22 – 1, Oak Creek American 11 – 10, Lakeland National 9 – 1 and Franklin American 7 – 0. Franklin National suffered its first loss to Oak Creek National in the first championship game on July 30th before coming back strong to earn the title in a hard fought game on July 31st.
Franklin National Manager Steve Lee said after the game, “Our focus for the Franklin National All Stars this year was to play every pitch. Our kids showed up night in and night out and made plays because they did not take pitches off. As anyone that has a nine year old knows they don't always focus on a task especially when an airplane is taking off right over their heads. The kids did a fantastic job over the past two weeks and winning this tournament was a complete team effort.” Coach Lee went on to give very high praise to the Oak Creek National team for battling back after a loss early in the tournament. “They are a great team that hits the ball hard and plays very solid defense. We tell our kids if you want to be the best, you need to beat the best, and today we did just that. I look forward to the continued friendly rivalry with Oak Creek because they have a great program, great coaches and kids that love baseball.”
Two players from the District 6 Championship Franklin National 9 Year Old Boys All Star team, Zach Poweleit and Marcus Lee happen to each have a twin sister that played on the Franklin 9 Year old Girls Softball All Star team. That team also won the District 6 Championship this season. Sorry girls but no bragging rights for you this year.
Members of the District 6 Championship team are: Max Alba, Max Boll, Nick Dawson, Will Fortman, Brett Grulkowski, Bryce Hoppe, Robbie Koper, Marcus Lee, Tanner Neitman, Danny Osep, Zach Poweleit, Jonah Sievert, Brad Tobin, Coach Ben Alba, Coach Mike Sievert, Coach Dale Poweleit, Manager Steve Lee.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- British Invasion 64 and Close Enuf Free Concert !
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 19
- Two Local Milwaukee Angels Win Conference Players of the Year
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- Enrol NOW K3-8th Grades at Mary Queen of Saints
- Showtime Cinema Now Offering Value Pricing Seven Days a Week
- Alverno College Names Jessica Ott Director of Athletics