It has been five years since the Fox reality television show, The Swan, which provided “ugly ducklings” with extreme makeovers has aired. The Swan provided 16 contestants with a panel of specialists – a life coach, therapist, trainer, cosmetic surgeon, and dentist who worked together to make over each individual. Kelly Becker of Sheboygan, WI appeared on the series in 2004. In front of millions of viewers Kelly explained that the teasing that she had encountered as a youth for having an unfitting nose had developed into insecurities. Kelly’s appearance on The Swan forced her to confront her insecurities physically and emotionally. It is because of the transformation Kelly made while on The Swan she says, she has become the successful, confident woman she is today and has enabled her to accomplish her dreams. Kelly Becker is now passing the gift of a makeover and self-transformation to one Milwaukee area individual.
Nominations, including self nominations, are being accepted now through August 15, 2009 at Enhancing Light Cosmetic Laser Centers. To enter write to Enhancing Light in 75 words or less why you believe you or your nominee deserve to receive the make over. Make sure to include your name, phone number, email and age. Entries may be submitted through the contact form at www.ellasers.com or submitted to ELCorp@ellasers.com. Mail entries will be accepted at all four Enhancing Light Locations. Finalists will appear on the Morning Blend on September 2, 2009 where viewers will be asked to vote on whom they would like to receive the Makeover. Unveiling of the individual’s transformation will take place on the Morning Blend in early January of 2010.
Enhancing Light along and Kelly Becker have partnered with other Milwaukee area businesses including Dr. Kory Wegner, Sedation Dentist Specialist of Modern Touch Dental located in Whitefish Bay, The Wisconsin Athletic Club, and GLOW Salon and Spa to provide a full array of individually tailored procedures and treatments that will transform the individual in the three month span. Additional partners include Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Menomonee Falls, Elements Therapeutic Massage of Franklin, The Club at Strawberry Creek, Lia Sophia, and Slumber Parties by Sheila K which assist in completing the makeover by providing jewelry, lessons, membership, treatment and product baskets. The makeover comes to a value of over $25,000 in services and prizes.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- British Invasion 64 and Close Enuf Free Concert !
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 19
- Two Local Milwaukee Angels Win Conference Players of the Year
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- Enrol NOW K3-8th Grades at Mary Queen of Saints
- Showtime Cinema Now Offering Value Pricing Seven Days a Week
- Alverno College Names Jessica Ott Director of Athletics