Volunteers from AFS Intercultural Programs - Milwaukee Team will be hosting two information sessions for students interested in AFS high school and gap-year exchange programs, as well as for families interested in hosting an AFS exchange student. The sessions will be at the Franklin Public Library, Fadrow Room A, 9151 W. Loomis Rd, Franklin, on Tuesday July 14 at 7PM, and at the North Shore Public Library, Community Room, 6800 N. Port Washington Rd, Glendale, on Monday July 20 at 7PM.
The sessions with include discussion of the benefits of international cultural exchange, the various AFS programs available and how to begin the application process, as well as information about scholarships and financial aid. Families can also learn about what is required to host an AFS student for the year and how to apply.
For over 60 years, Milwaukee families have been hosting AFS high school exchange students, and last year fifty-four families in our area had great experiences. Ten high school students from the Milwaukee area are now abroad on AFS summer programs in several countries including Turkey, Panama, and Thailand. And twelve students from Milwaukee and suburban high schools will soon be leaving on year and semester programs to Italy, Japan, China and more.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Dental Associates Teaches Students Dental Health
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- 12th Annual FPS Jazz Cabaret on March 8th
- RED OUT Report Fundraising Efforts a Great Sucess
- Collaborative Divorce Group to host Second Saturday workshops at Oak Creek Community Center April 12th 10am-Noon
- Searching for a great preschool?
- HamBingo Wednesday February 26