Volunteers from AFS Intercultural Programs - Milwaukee Team will be hosting two information sessions for students interested in AFS high school and gap-year exchange programs, as well as for families interested in hosting an AFS exchange student. The sessions will be at the Franklin Public Library, Fadrow Room A, 9151 W. Loomis Rd, Franklin, on Tuesday July 14 at 7PM, and at the North Shore Public Library, Community Room, 6800 N. Port Washington Rd, Glendale, on Monday July 20 at 7PM.
The sessions with include discussion of the benefits of international cultural exchange, the various AFS programs available and how to begin the application process, as well as information about scholarships and financial aid. Families can also learn about what is required to host an AFS student for the year and how to apply.
For over 60 years, Milwaukee families have been hosting AFS high school exchange students, and last year fifty-four families in our area had great experiences. Ten high school students from the Milwaukee area are now abroad on AFS summer programs in several countries including Turkey, Panama, and Thailand. And twelve students from Milwaukee and suburban high schools will soon be leaving on year and semester programs to Italy, Japan, China and more.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Youth Celebrate the End of Tobacco for CVS
- Brew City Pet Services Attends International Pet-Sitter Conference
- St. Martin of Tours - Oktoberfest 2014
- Oktoberfest - Saturday, October 18th FREE Admission!
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- BSI is Best In Show at STRUT
- Rocketober Brings Special Events to South Milwaukee
- Paranormal Investigators of Milwaukee to Speak About All Things Ghostly
- Come Experience Wisconsin’s Most Haunted with Chad Lewis
- Revisiting Our Past Local History Program: Milwaukee Polonia