Volunteers from AFS Intercultural Programs - Milwaukee Team will be hosting two information sessions for students interested in AFS high school and gap-year exchange programs, as well as for families interested in hosting an AFS exchange student. The sessions will be at the Franklin Public Library, Fadrow Room A, 9151 W. Loomis Rd, Franklin, on Tuesday July 14 at 7PM, and at the North Shore Public Library, Community Room, 6800 N. Port Washington Rd, Glendale, on Monday July 20 at 7PM.
The sessions with include discussion of the benefits of international cultural exchange, the various AFS programs available and how to begin the application process, as well as information about scholarships and financial aid. Families can also learn about what is required to host an AFS student for the year and how to apply.
For over 60 years, Milwaukee families have been hosting AFS high school exchange students, and last year fifty-four families in our area had great experiences. Ten high school students from the Milwaukee area are now abroad on AFS summer programs in several countries including Turkey, Panama, and Thailand. And twelve students from Milwaukee and suburban high schools will soon be leaving on year and semester programs to Italy, Japan, China and more.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Gift Drive for Seniors
- Church Concert
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- Palermo’s Pizza to deliver 10,000 pizzas to Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin
- THERE WILL BE MUSIC IN THE AIR AT MUSKEGO’S 2014 COUNTRY CHRISTMAS
- Local Resident Stars in MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET at Sunset Playhouse
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Live theatre comes to Franklin
- GERALD PETERSON IS AT IT AGAIN!!!!!
- BSI Celebrates 1st Anniversary in new Design Center