PIUS XI High School is pleased to present Disney’s Beauty and the Beast at the historic Pabst Theater in downtown Milwaukee. Christina Wavrunek and Samantha Zager from Franklin will be performing in the Female Ensemble and as Babette.
Featuring a talented cast of nearly 60 Pius XI singers and dancers, 16 elementary and middle school students from Milwaukee, Waukesha, Ozaukee and Washington counties, and a 21-member orchestra, Beauty and the Beast is one of the most ambitious productions ever attempted by Wisconsin’s largest private high school. A 42-student stage crew provides vital support behind the scenes.
Musical Director Bonnie Scholz describes the production as “colossal.” “It’s not just a big show, it’s colossal. The costumes and characters are larger than life. The story is larger than life. And the kids’ effort has just been larger than life,” she says.
Beauty and the Beast runs from May 8-10 in the Historic Pabst Theater, 144 E. Wells St. Tickets and a special Mother’s Day gift package are available in advance from Pius XI, 414-290-8151. Tickets and gift packages will also be available at the door. "Be our guest" for this enchanting musical with a memorable score.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Special on 1 Hour Foot Massage
- Wisconsin Wolfpack U15/U16 Baseball team holds Tryouts
- Alverno College Awarded Two-Year College Ready Grant from Great Lakes
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- The American Dream - Homebuyer Education presented by Educator's Credit Union
- Adam Busch named to Lawrence University dean's list
- Mom's Concussion Clinic to focus on safe sports play techniques and injury prevention
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream at Greendale Gift of Wings!
- Muskego Youth Swims to Second Place Finish at State Finals