Consumers can help preserve the Earth’s resources and support victims of domestic violence this Earth Day – and every day – by recycling their no-longer-used wireless phones, batteries and accessories through Verizon Wireless’ HopeLine® phone recycling and refurbishing program. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), recycling 1 million phones would save enough energy to power 185 U.S. households with electricity for one year, so every phone donated can make a difference.
Buying a New Phone? Recycle Your Old One
Verizon Wireless includes a postage-paid phone donation envelope in welcome packages customers receive when purchasing or upgrading to new phones online. Customers can simply put their old phones, batteries and accessories in the envelope and put it in the mail. It’s quick and easy.
Visit a Store to Donate a Phone and Learn More about Cell Phone Recycling
Verizon Wireless provides collection bins and information about cell phone recycling through HopeLine at its Communications Stores across the country. Visit a store, drop your phone in the bin and go.
Online Mailing Label Makes Phone Donations Easy
Can’t stop by a Verizon Wireless Communications Store? Print a postage-paid label from the Verizon Wireless Web site at www.verizonwireless.com/hopelinemailinglabel, adhere it to a box or envelope and mail the phones to HopeLine. Seal and send.
Other Ways to Be “Green”
In addition to recycling an old wireless phone, mobile users can also make a difference this Earth Day by “going green” with some simple steps that will help conserve the Earth’s resources, including:
• Use a power strip for your wireless phone or PDA chargers, and then make sure to switch it off when everything has been charged so you don’t use “phantom” energy.
• Improve battery life and reduce the need for charging by changing the settings of your wireless phone or PDA's backlighting.
• Save paper by signing up for Verizon Wireless’ paperless Green Bill and eliminate the monthly bill in your mailbox. Register at www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon.
• Save gas and commuting costs by using VZ NavigatorSM or use Mobile Broadband service to create a mobile office on-the-go.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin
- Peak Performance Volleyball Camp for 3rd - 8th Grade Girls
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Popular Spring Market returns to South Milwaukee High School – March 7th