Thomas J. (TJ) Wesolowski, of Franklin, is nearing completion of his Eagle Scout Project. TJ is a member of Scout Troop 314, which is sponsored by St. James Catholic Church of Franklin. A senior at Franklin High School, TJ is the son of John Wesolowski and Laura Galusha. He, along with his mother and siblings Maggie and Ben, are long-time members of Faith Community Church.
TJ designed a walking path for the area north of the retention pond on the property of Faith Community Church (FCC). He appeared before the City of Franklin’s Planning Commission and secured the required approvals. To gather the necessary supplies and equipment, he raised funds through a pancake breakfast in July, and from donations of money and material from individuals and businesses. Labor is being provided by friends, family, Boy Scouts, and FCC members. The project is expected to be finished by Labor Day (September 1st).
The path provides a way for the church to invite the community to seek spiritual uplifting. It winds from Imperial Drive east to the Faith Community Church parking lot. There is a meeting area, several benches and a sitting area for prayer and reflection. It incorporates the Jack Sutton Tree (planted in Jack’s memory) and a bench. A memorial plaque in honor of Dr. Bob Bello, whose wife Jane contributed to the project will be placed along the path.
Becoming an Eagle Scout is a tremendous accomplishment. Only about 5% of Boy Scouts ever achieve this milestone. If you would like to contribute to the project, have questions, or just want to share words of encouragement, feel free to contact TJ at email@example.com
A dedication ceremony is planned for September 14, 2014 during the 9:30am worship service.
The path is located at Faith Community Church, 7700 West Faith Drive, Franklin, WI 53132. For information on the church, visit www.faithcc.us ,or email firstname.lastname@example.org , or call 414-433-0222.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- "9 and Dine" Firebird Open Golf Event
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, April 19th
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- Zumbathon Benefitting Generations Against Bullying
- Faith Community Church offering ALPHA Course Starting April 22
- Oak Creek Library Baby Story Time
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Marvelous Monarch Butterflies
- Ukranian Folk Rock Will Wrap Up Alverno Presents' 55th Season
- Falcon Fest Organizers hope to exceed $10,000 goal