Thomas J. (TJ) Wesolowski, of Franklin, is nearing completion of his Eagle Scout Project. TJ is a member of Scout Troop 314, which is sponsored by St. James Catholic Church of Franklin. A senior at Franklin High School, TJ is the son of John Wesolowski and Laura Galusha. He, along with his mother and siblings Maggie and Ben, are long-time members of Faith Community Church.
TJ designed a walking path for the area north of the retention pond on the property of Faith Community Church (FCC). He appeared before the City of Franklin’s Planning Commission and secured the required approvals. To gather the necessary supplies and equipment, he raised funds through a pancake breakfast in July, and from donations of money and material from individuals and businesses. Labor is being provided by friends, family, Boy Scouts, and FCC members. The project is expected to be finished by Labor Day (September 1st).
The path provides a way for the church to invite the community to seek spiritual uplifting. It winds from Imperial Drive east to the Faith Community Church parking lot. There is a meeting area, several benches and a sitting area for prayer and reflection. It incorporates the Jack Sutton Tree (planted in Jack’s memory) and a bench. A memorial plaque in honor of Dr. Bob Bello, whose wife Jane contributed to the project will be placed along the path.
Becoming an Eagle Scout is a tremendous accomplishment. Only about 5% of Boy Scouts ever achieve this milestone. If you would like to contribute to the project, have questions, or just want to share words of encouragement, feel free to contact TJ at firstname.lastname@example.org
A dedication ceremony is planned for September 14, 2014 during the 9:30am worship service.
The path is located at Faith Community Church, 7700 West Faith Drive, Franklin, WI 53132. For information on the church, visit www.faithcc.us ,or email email@example.com , or call 414-433-0222.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wacky Wednesday Crazy Crafts for Kids August 12
- How to Make Sure Your Child Succeeds in School this Year
- Franklin Flame Fastpitch tryouts 2016
- Special on 1 Hour Foot Massage
- Wisconsin Wolfpack U15/U16 Baseball team holds Tryouts
- Alverno College Awarded Two-Year College Ready Grant from Great Lakes
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- The American Dream - Homebuyer Education presented by Educator's Credit Union
- Adam Busch named to Lawrence University dean's list
- Mom's Concussion Clinic to focus on safe sports play techniques and injury prevention