The forecast is looking bright, sunny and cheery for Greenfield Farmer’s Market 2nd Annual Mid-Season Celebration. Last year, this celebration encompassed prize giveaways and featured vendors. This year will be much of the same; the success in year two of this community event gives reason to celebrate!
The named “Mid-Season Celebration” will feature a reusable shopping bag giveaway and multiple drawings for prizes donated by Market vendors. Additional featured booths this week include the Greenfield Police Department, Master Gardeners Volunteers, Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens and a free face painting station for children. PyraMax Bank will be also on site as their generous sponsorship and involvement in the Market has allowed the new Farmers Market token system to flourish. This token system allows patrons to swipe their credit, debit or EBT card at the Information Booth in exchange for Market tokens. These tokens may then be redeemed at vendor booths in exchange for product. In essence, it’s a Farmers Market ATM allowing for much more convenience while shopping.
A social media check in site at the Information Booth is a new addition to the celebration. Patrons who come to the booth and show that they have “checked in” or shared and tagged a photo of themselves at the Market will be entered into a drawing for $10 in Market Tokens. There will be 10 winners chosen for $10 each! These tokens can be redeemed at all vendors throughout the Market.
The Greenfield Farmers Market hosts several thousand patrons on the path at Konkel Park each week who buy fresh produce, specialty food items and local products. Shopping and eating locally continues to strengthen the local Greenfield Community. Continued support of our local farmers as well as businesses and community members will drive future Market success. Thank you for your support and we hope to see you on Sunday!
Please see www.greenfieldwi.us/farmersmarket for additional information, or visit the Market Facebook page at www.facebook.com/greenfieldwifarmersmarket.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Dental Associates Buys Back Halloween Candy
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Franklin Lioness Fair Set for Oct. 25 at MATC's Oak Creek Campus; Proceeds Benefit MATC Scholarships
- West Allis Pastor and Music Director Perform Concert in Sweden
- "Identity Theft" presented by Educators Credit Union
- JV Girls Volleyball wins South East Conference Championship
- Honoring Our Heroes This Veteran’s Day at the Franklin Public Library
- FAMILY HALLOWEEN HOUSE
- Honoring Grief - Finding Our Way Through the Holidays
- Relay for Life Luminaria Walk, Sunday October 19th at 6:00pm