May is National Arthritis Month. To promote awareness of this chronic condition the Franklin Health Department will partner with Franklin Rehabilitation to bring "Arthritis Remedies Expo 2014" to Innovative Health & Fitness on Thursday, May 15th from 5:30--8:30 pm.
This event is a great opportunity to meet the experts--Physical Therapists, Pharmacists, and other health care providers who treat and care for people with Arthritis. This year Dr. Jonathan Printz, Orthopedic Surgeon, will speak on "Customized Shoulder Replacement" at 6:00 pm. and at 7:45 pm Josiah Bartz from MD Custom RX compounding pharmacy will discuss "Arthritis Intervention: A Natural Approach.
During the evening event there will be numerous vendors, displays, free screenings, and an opportunity to participate in a free "Get Moving Stretch Class". Registrations are appreciated by calling 414-448-3097. The first 50 people who register will receive a free gift.
Wednesday, May 21st at 1:00 pm, the Franklin Health Department and Franklin Public Library will introduce Franklin seniors to Ruth Silver in a program, "Meeting the Challenge".
Ruth is a Milwaukee native and author of the book, Invisible: My Journey Through Vision and Hearing Loss. Ruth Shares the challenges of a life compounded by vision and hearing loss. Ruth dealt with low vision as a youth and eventual blindness and loss of most of her hearing. While life didn't give her any breaks, Ruth opened doors and opportunities that demonstrated how a profoundly disabled person can live a happy and productive life.
Ruth received her special education degree from UWM, has served on the Board of Directors of the Helen Keller Institute, and founded the Center for Deaf-Blind Persons in Milwaukee. Ruth has spent her whole life working with people who share her disability. If you are unable to attend the program, you may want to check out her book in the library.
To register for this program call the Franklin Public Library at 414-425-8214.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jane Austen Comes Alive at Franklin Public Library
- A New Woof! Callen Offers Ideas for Remodeling for Your Pet
- Milwaukee/NARI Tour Of Remodeled Homes Partners With The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County
- Benefit Concert for Lions Charities at The Suburban Bourbon May 18
- HGTV to Feature Flat Rate Home Services Manager on National Television Show
- Scholarships Awarded by Hales Corners Woman's Club
- Construction begins for new Summit Credit Union branch in Franklin
- Say Cheers to More Healthy Years at Wilson Commons
- Kids From Wisconsin Premier
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!