Local author and filmmaker Ron Faiola will discuss one of our state's favorite dining traditions in the program "Wisconsin Supper Clubs," Monday, May 5th at 6:30 p.m. at the Franklin Public Library, 9151 W. Loomis Road.
Ron will talk about the history of supper clubs, which emphasized slow dining, menu items made from scratch and businesses which kept it all in the family. He will tell some stories from beloved dining spots, and show a slide presentation of pictures from his book, "Wisconsin Supper Clubs: An Old-Fashioned Experience," Ron is also the director of a film of the same name.
Please register online at franklinpubliclibrary.org or by calling 414.425.8214.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 3rd Annual Greenfield H.S. Cheerleaders Rummage Sale
- Introduction to Tablets & e-Readers: Hands on Experience with Experts from Best Buy
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement & Remodeling Show
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- Support Group for Divorced and Separated
- 16U Franklin Flame Fastpitch Wounded Warrior Fundraiser
- 2014 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 25; Proceeds Support Scholarships for MATC Students
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- A Nostalgic Afternoon
- Julius Jr. Experience Comes to Greendale at Southridge Mall on Sept. 20