The Franklin 7th grade boys basketball team participated in the Wisconsin State Invitational Championship Tournament in La Crosse on March 29 and 30, 2014. This tournament, which was organized by The Great Northwest Basketball League, brought together 94 of the top community-based 7th grade boys basketball teams from all across the State of Wisconsin. State champions were crowned in four divisions: Division 1, Division 2, Division 3 and Division 4/5, based on the enrollment of the high school into which each team feeds.
The Franklin 7th grade boys team played in Division 1, finishing in 4th place. The results of Franklin’s seven games were as follows:
Kimberly 62, Franklin 34
Franklin 53, Bay Port 30
Franklin 68, Superior 31
Round of 16:
Franklin 57, Muskego 44
1st – 8th Place Quarterfinals:
Franklin 48, Waukesha West 47
1st-4th Place Semi-Finals:
Green Bay Southwest 51, Franklin 43
3rd Place Game:
Kimberly 41, Franklin 26
Brookfield Central defeated Green Bay Southwest to win the Division 1 Championship.
The Franklin team is coached by Keith Decker. Franklin’s Jacob Vonderwell was named to the All-Tournament team for Division 1.
The Wisconsin State Invitational Championship Tournament is an annual event, held in February, March or April of each year, pitting the top community-based teams in the State of Wisconsin against each other. The tournament is organized by size of communities, much like the WIAA state high school tournaments, so that top teams can compete on a level playing field with other programs their size.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- State Farm Welcomes New Agent Jason Aexel to Muskego
- Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Free thing to do at Franklin's 4th of July Civic Celebration
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- Let's Prevent Another Chemical Incident
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held at Greenfield Park on September 26