If you’ve ever been 204th on the waiting list for a new release DVD, you know the frustration of delay. Sure, you could be patient, but now Franklin Public Library has instituted a new Express Collection so you can see new release films and read newly published books as soon as they hit the marketplace!
The Express Collection, sometimes called a Lucky Day Collection, features additional copies of newly released movies and newly published books that cannot be placed on hold, but may just be available when you visit Franklin Public Library! These popular items are available for a limited checkout period (three days for DVDs and seven days for books) and may not be renewed. These items, like all others at Franklin Public Library, are free.
If you’re not in a hurry to see or read these titles, you may still put other copies on hold, and you will be notified by phone or email when they are available to be picked up at the Milwaukee County public library of your choice.
Franklin Public Library is open seven days a week in fall, winter and spring. Hours are Monday thru Thursday, 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sunday, 1 to 4 p.m.
Anyone with a library card from any Milwaukee County public library is welcome to check out items from the Franklin Public Library. Additionally, anyone who lives anywhere in Milwaukee County is eligible to receive a Franklin Public Library card.
For more information about Franklin Public Library, visit the library at 9151 West Loomis Road, call 414-425-8214, or log on to www.FranklinPublicLibrary.org.
- Playground at Malone Thanks All Who Helped
- Twice Baked Pottery to host Terri Lockwood for DRAW!
- Downtown Racine Art Walk -- DRAW -- Is Back!
- Meet Brewer great Bill Schroeder at Point After Pub & Grille!
- Milwaukee local graduates from Concord Law School
- Fire Fighters Urge Caution Near Fireworks on Independence Day
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- Martin Luther Baseball Sets Records, Earns Honors
- UPDATE: Franklin school referendum is inevitable