If you’ve ever been 204th on the waiting list for a new release DVD, you know the frustration of delay. Sure, you could be patient, but now Franklin Public Library has instituted a new Express Collection so you can see new release films and read newly published books as soon as they hit the marketplace!
The Express Collection, sometimes called a Lucky Day Collection, features additional copies of newly released movies and newly published books that cannot be placed on hold, but may just be available when you visit Franklin Public Library! These popular items are available for a limited checkout period (three days for DVDs and seven days for books) and may not be renewed. These items, like all others at Franklin Public Library, are free.
If you’re not in a hurry to see or read these titles, you may still put other copies on hold, and you will be notified by phone or email when they are available to be picked up at the Milwaukee County public library of your choice.
Franklin Public Library is open seven days a week in fall, winter and spring. Hours are Monday thru Thursday, 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sunday, 1 to 4 p.m.
Anyone with a library card from any Milwaukee County public library is welcome to check out items from the Franklin Public Library. Additionally, anyone who lives anywhere in Milwaukee County is eligible to receive a Franklin Public Library card.
For more information about Franklin Public Library, visit the library at 9151 West Loomis Road, call 414-425-8214, or log on to www.FranklinPublicLibrary.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Lutheran Church presents annual Christmas Musical
- Franklin 8th Grader makes team USA U15
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Comes Alive
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- SUNSET PLAYHOUSE PRESENTS CROONER CHRIS MARIANI IN HAVE A COOL YULE
- Children's Christian Theatre Kicks Off 2016 Season
- South Milwaukee Christmas Market Returns on Dec. 5th
- Park Friends Welcome Santa
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- 58th Annual Christmas Holly Fair