The breath has been used throughout history as a tool for healing, transformation, and spiritual growth. Most of us spend little time thinking about our breathing unless we are breathless from activity or find we have a condition that affects our ability to draw in the air we need. For many of us the word Feldenkrais is foreign term, for those who have practiced,it spells relief and relaxation.
Join Eleanor Nowacki, PT, Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner, Aurora Health Care, on Tuesday, April 1st at the Franklin Public Library 6:30-7:30 pm as she talks about Feldenkrais-The Healing Power of Breath.
The Feldenkrais viewpoint on breathing is that there is no one correct way of breathing; however, restricted breathing can impact one's health and well-being. Eleanor will discuss the dynamics of the pulmonary system and how imagery, sound and whole-body movement can increase the ability to accommodate one's breath to the demand of activity. At this program, you are invited to participate in the exercise as Eleanor visually guides you to explore all your respiratory muscles used in breathing. Bring a mat or blanket if you want to lay on the floor, or participate from a chair.
The practice of Feldenkrais is used by many people to improve and increase their muscle control for healing, pain management and athletic performance. This program is part of the Franklin Health Department 2014 Adult Education Series. To register please call the library at 414-425-8214 or online at Aurora.org/Events.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Youth Celebrate the End of Tobacco for CVS
- Brew City Pet Services Attends International Pet-Sitter Conference
- St. Martin of Tours - Oktoberfest 2014
- Oktoberfest - Saturday, October 18th FREE Admission!
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- BSI is Best In Show at STRUT
- Rocketober Brings Special Events to South Milwaukee
- Paranormal Investigators of Milwaukee to Speak About All Things Ghostly
- Come Experience Wisconsin’s Most Haunted with Chad Lewis
- Revisiting Our Past Local History Program: Milwaukee Polonia