Cancer. The word brings you to a complete halt. What next? It’s heartbreaking to hear that word and learn you have it and your world is completely turned upside down. Chemo treatments. Radiation. Medicines. Pain. Sick. Tired. His/her environment makes life difficult and happiness sometimes takes a back seat. But laughter can ease so much burden and emotional/physical stress, even if just for a moment. Being able to give that moment of carefree feeling can parlay into a more optimistic and positive feeling and ideally inspire others.
Located at Shear Image Hair Salon on April 6th from 12-3 p.m. in Waterford, this event involves a participant, just starting cancer treatments or at the end, to spend approximately an hour with us relaxing, having their makeup done, eyelashes applied and nails manicured professionally. Then, a silly and fun wig will be carefully placed on their head, all while they have their eyes closed. We are trying to capture each participant when they open their eyes to reveal that moment of surprise and carefree feeling. That moment will be captured on camera by our professional photographer, Michelle Moser Photography, as well as an additional photo of the participant without the wig. Each participant will receive copies of each photo in the mail after the event date. Appetizers and beverages will also be available for our participants.
If you are cancer free and would like to donate to this awesome event, please contact Jennifer at 262-408-0657, firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in at Shear Image Hair Salon, 725A Cornerstone Crossing, Waterford, WI 53185.
All proceeds not used for this event will be donated to The American Cancer Society.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- De-clutter your home and recycle your books!
- ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT FOR CIGARMKE'S FEBRUARY EVENT
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Open your home to a life-changing, cultural experience
- Callen Construction Recognized by Houzz
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program
- Second Planning Mtg. for Hales Corners Chamber's Awards Banquet
- Take Your Child to the Library Day at Franklin Public Library
- Whitnall alumna Lauryn Jashinsky graduates from UW Oshkosh with honors
- WINTER WARRIORS