Cancer. The word brings you to a complete halt. What next? It’s heartbreaking to hear that word and learn you have it and your world is completely turned upside down. Chemo treatments. Radiation. Medicines. Pain. Sick. Tired. His/her environment makes life difficult and happiness sometimes takes a back seat. But laughter can ease so much burden and emotional/physical stress, even if just for a moment. Being able to give that moment of carefree feeling can parlay into a more optimistic and positive feeling and ideally inspire others.
Located at Shear Image Hair Salon on April 6th from 12-3 p.m. in Waterford, this event involves a participant, just starting cancer treatments or at the end, to spend approximately an hour with us relaxing, having their makeup done, eyelashes applied and nails manicured professionally. Then, a silly and fun wig will be carefully placed on their head, all while they have their eyes closed. We are trying to capture each participant when they open their eyes to reveal that moment of surprise and carefree feeling. That moment will be captured on camera by our professional photographer, Michelle Moser Photography, as well as an additional photo of the participant without the wig. Each participant will receive copies of each photo in the mail after the event date. Appetizers and beverages will also be available for our participants.
If you are cancer free and would like to donate to this awesome event, please contact Jennifer at 262-408-0657, email@example.com or stop in at Shear Image Hair Salon, 725A Cornerstone Crossing, Waterford, WI 53185.
All proceeds not used for this event will be donated to The American Cancer Society.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 3rd Annual South Milwaukee Breakfast with the Easter Bunny & Easter Egg Hunt
- Franklin Actor in Acacia Theatre's
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Fun With Food