Cancer. The word brings you to a complete halt. What next? It’s heartbreaking to hear that word and learn you have it and your world is completely turned upside down. Chemo treatments. Radiation. Medicines. Pain. Sick. Tired. His/her environment makes life difficult and happiness sometimes takes a back seat. But laughter can ease so much burden and emotional/physical stress, even if just for a moment. Being able to give that moment of carefree feeling can parlay into a more optimistic and positive feeling and ideally inspire others.
Located at Shear Image Hair Salon on April 6th from 12-3 p.m. in Waterford, this event involves a participant, just starting cancer treatments or at the end, to spend approximately an hour with us relaxing, having their makeup done, eyelashes applied and nails manicured professionally. Then, a silly and fun wig will be carefully placed on their head, all while they have their eyes closed. We are trying to capture each participant when they open their eyes to reveal that moment of surprise and carefree feeling. That moment will be captured on camera by our professional photographer, Michelle Moser Photography, as well as an additional photo of the participant without the wig. Each participant will receive copies of each photo in the mail after the event date. Appetizers and beverages will also be available for our participants.
If you are cancer free and would like to donate to this awesome event, please contact Jennifer at 262-408-0657, email@example.com or stop in at Shear Image Hair Salon, 725A Cornerstone Crossing, Waterford, WI 53185.
All proceeds not used for this event will be donated to The American Cancer Society.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Summer Performances at the Oak Creek Community Center
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- Celebrating 10 Years Of Girls Fastpitch
- Ascend Dermatology debuts new brand identity at ten locations across SE Wisconsin