Health Department to Host Heart Health Education Event on February 7, 2014
Greenfield, WI – February is a month that not only reminds us of hearts and candies due to Valentine’s Day, but also because it’s a month that promotes heart health. February honors American Heart Month and Go Red For Women to highlight tips and strategies on keeping your ticker healthy.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. To prevent heart disease and increase awareness of its effects, the Greenfield Health Department is hosting a Go Red Heart Health Event on Friday, February 7th from 12:00-4:00p in Greenfield City Hall, Room 105. This event is free to all and no registration is required. The event will have:
•Educational resources regarding the importance of heart health
•Samples of heart healthy snacks and take-home recipes
•Raffles for a chance to win exciting prizes
The Health Department serves as a resource to the community and can provide recommendations on how to make healthy changes to lower your risk of developing heart disease. Some key risk factors to control include watching your weight, quitting smoking and staying away from secondhand smoke, controlling your cholesterol and blood pressure, drinking alcohol only in moderation and living a healthy and active life.
For more information on how to keep your heart healthy you may visit the Greenfield Health Department website at www.greenfieldwi.us/health. Additional resources may be found at the American Hearth Association webpage (www.heart.org/HEARTORG) and Go Red For Women webpage (www.goredforwomen.org/).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- UW-Parkside and Choral Arts Society Present "The Sorcerer"
- Oak Creek Library Kid Flicks Thursday April 9 at 1:30 p.m.
- Proposed Redistricting
- Holy Humor Sunday
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Mezzanine Manufacturer Steele Solutions Announces Leadership Changes to Accommodate Continued Growth
- Potty Training Tips for Toddlers
- Franklin Lioness Club 2015 Scholarship Applications
- Area High School FACT Members Present at Joint Finance Committee Hearing
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill