Maude Sincock Roberts - a woman who survived the sinking of the Titanic -- will be the subject of a program for members and guests of the Hales Corners Woman’s Club on Friday, Nov. 1. The program will begin promptly at 11:30 a.m. in the lower level of Village Hall, 5635 S. New Berlin Rd.
Maude’s story captivated the interest of local genealogist Carol Schwab when she met members of the Roberts family during a 100-year anniversary commemoration of the Titanic tragedy. Maude, who died in 1984, was 23 years old in 1912 when she booked passage on the Titanic.
Guests and prospective members who wish to attend this program are welcome. There is no charge, but please call 414-425-4066 to indicate your interest.
Following the program, members of the Woman’s Club book discussion group will serve refreshments, and a business meeting will be held.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- You're Invited!
- Christmas Egypyian Cookie Sale
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Annual Cookie Walk at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- AWA Star "Baron Von Raschke"
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Western Union and Better Business Bureau Warn of Charity Scams During Giving Season