In commemoration of their 75-Year Diamond Anniversary, the Village of Greendale WI will host a once-in-a-lifetime musical event!
The combined voices of 100 men from three Midwestern cities are joining for the B/3W A Cappella Road Tour on Sunday Aug. 25 at 1:30 pm in the Greendale H.S. auditorium.
This "Best of 3 Worlds" barnstorming tour encompasses 1100 miles, featuring 3 shows in 3 cities over 3 days.
Greendale's own Midwest Vocal Express will headline this grand finale performance. They will join with the Central Standard and Sound of Illinois choruses to form a 100-voice ensemble for this one show only.
The MVE is an award-winning male a cappella group comprising singers of all ages from across Southeastern Wisconsin. They were named chorus champions in the Land 'O Lakes District, which includes five states and three Canadian provinces. They have been awarded medals three times in international competition since their inception in 1989, consistently placing in the top twenty.
The MVE chorus specializes in "Storytelling Through Song," performing close harmony numbers that are highly choreographed. Fans will experience a gamut of emotions listening to exciting arrangements of doo-wop, the Beatles, Billy Joel, stirring renditions of American spirituals, and a rousing tribute to our country.
The history of Greendale’s origination dates to President Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s New Deal projects following the Great Depression, when he decided to build three Greenbelt towns. These cities comprised of Greenbelt, Maryland; Greenhills, Ohio; and Greendale, Wisconsin. The primary aim of these towns was to provide affordable housing to low-income families, so that they have the ability to raise children in a stable, comfortable living environment with large open green spaces.
Celebrate this historic anniversary with the entire family at this special performance! Tickets start at $12, with discounts for groups, seniors and students. Information at www.mve.org or call 888-240-4426.
A Cappella singing is not just a pastime relegated to a high school or college class. Any male looking to either continue, refresh, or enhance their passion for singing: we rehearse every Monday night in Greendale, WI at St. Luke's Lutheran Church, 6705 Northway.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- British Invasion 64 and Close Enuf Free Concert !
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 19
- Two Local Milwaukee Angels Win Conference Players of the Year
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- Enrol NOW K3-8th Grades at Mary Queen of Saints
- Showtime Cinema Now Offering Value Pricing Seven Days a Week
- Alverno College Names Jessica Ott Director of Athletics