In commemoration of their 75-Year Diamond Anniversary, the Village of Greendale WI will host a once-in-a-lifetime musical event!
The combined voices of 100 men from three Midwestern cities are joining for the B/3W A Cappella Road Tour on Sunday Aug. 25 at 1:30 pm in the Greendale H.S. auditorium.
This "Best of 3 Worlds" barnstorming tour encompasses 1100 miles, featuring 3 shows in 3 cities over 3 days.
Greendale's own Midwest Vocal Express will headline this grand finale performance. They will join with the Central Standard and Sound of Illinois choruses to form a 100-voice ensemble for this one show only.
The MVE is an award-winning male a cappella group comprising singers of all ages from across Southeastern Wisconsin. They were named chorus champions in the Land 'O Lakes District, which includes five states and three Canadian provinces. They have been awarded medals three times in international competition since their inception in 1989, consistently placing in the top twenty.
The MVE chorus specializes in "Storytelling Through Song," performing close harmony numbers that are highly choreographed. Fans will experience a gamut of emotions listening to exciting arrangements of doo-wop, the Beatles, Billy Joel, stirring renditions of American spirituals, and a rousing tribute to our country.
The history of Greendale’s origination dates to President Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s New Deal projects following the Great Depression, when he decided to build three Greenbelt towns. These cities comprised of Greenbelt, Maryland; Greenhills, Ohio; and Greendale, Wisconsin. The primary aim of these towns was to provide affordable housing to low-income families, so that they have the ability to raise children in a stable, comfortable living environment with large open green spaces.
Celebrate this historic anniversary with the entire family at this special performance! Tickets start at $12, with discounts for groups, seniors and students. Information at www.mve.org or call 888-240-4426.
A Cappella singing is not just a pastime relegated to a high school or college class. Any male looking to either continue, refresh, or enhance their passion for singing: we rehearse every Monday night in Greendale, WI at St. Luke's Lutheran Church, 6705 Northway.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program Saturday March 7
- Alverno Presents Joe Westerlund’s Grandma Sparrow & His Piddletractor Orchestra
- Comedy Hypnotist Steven Coppola and Boston Comedian Mark Scalia to Perform at Franklin Elks
- Children's Resale at Robinwood Elementary on April 18
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin