KENOSHA, Wis.—University of Wisconsin-Parkside Theatre Arts student Jazmin Medina of Franklin is working in professional theatre during summer 2013.
Medina will serve as assistant costume designer and on the wardrobe crew at the Utah Festival Opera and Musical Theatre. She will contribute to the Logan, Utah, theatre’s production of “Fiddler on the Roof,” “The Flying Dutchman,” “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat,” “Otello,” and a variety of special performances and concerts during a busy summer.
Dean Yohnk, College of Arts and Humanities Dean, said UW-Parkside’s reputation for quality makes theatre organizations seek out UW-Parkside students.
“Theatre companies know our program produces exceptional new actors and production professionals,” Yohnk said. “We have a tradition of placing students at summer professional theatre venues.”
Medina was among nearly two dozen current UW-Parkside students and recent graduates working at theatres throughout Wisconsin and in Iowa, Minnesota, Oregon, California, and elsewhere this summer.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is one of 13 four-year campuses in the University of Wisconsin System. Founded in 1968 to better serve the needs of a growing population in southeastern Wisconsin and northeastern Illinois, UW-Parkside offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs and serves as an academic and cultural resource. The campus is located at 900 Wood Rd. in Somers.
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- Martin Luther Baseball Sets Records, Earns Honors
- UPDATE: Franklin school referendum is inevitable
- Franklin resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with autism awareness project
- South Milwaukee Football Annual Golf Outing
- FDA New Regulation
- Memory Café to Come to Franklin Public Library
- Franklin Senior Awarded Rotary Scholarship
- First Outdoor Movie of the Summer in Greendale