KENOSHA, Wis.—University of Wisconsin-Parkside Theatre Arts student Jazmin Medina of Franklin is working in professional theatre during summer 2013.
Medina will serve as assistant costume designer and on the wardrobe crew at the Utah Festival Opera and Musical Theatre. She will contribute to the Logan, Utah, theatre’s production of “Fiddler on the Roof,” “The Flying Dutchman,” “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat,” “Otello,” and a variety of special performances and concerts during a busy summer.
Dean Yohnk, College of Arts and Humanities Dean, said UW-Parkside’s reputation for quality makes theatre organizations seek out UW-Parkside students.
“Theatre companies know our program produces exceptional new actors and production professionals,” Yohnk said. “We have a tradition of placing students at summer professional theatre venues.”
Medina was among nearly two dozen current UW-Parkside students and recent graduates working at theatres throughout Wisconsin and in Iowa, Minnesota, Oregon, California, and elsewhere this summer.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is one of 13 four-year campuses in the University of Wisconsin System. Founded in 1968 to better serve the needs of a growing population in southeastern Wisconsin and northeastern Illinois, UW-Parkside offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs and serves as an academic and cultural resource. The campus is located at 900 Wood Rd. in Somers.
- PNC co-sponsors First Business Luncheon for Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Opener on June 2nd
- Hales Corners Youth Music Theatre proudly presents "The Sound of Music"
- Beer Garden
- Valedictorian: Wisconsin Connections Academy Taught Me More than Academics
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- Join us for Croatian Fest 2016
- Martin Luther Softball Advances with Regional Win
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- FRANKLIN YOUTH FOOTBALL REGISTRATION CLOSES ON MAY 31!