The Franklin Lacrosse Club traveled to Wauwatosa Monday night to face the Wauwatosa Blazers and earned their first Classic 8 conference varsity win with a convincing 17-5 win over the home team.
Though the team has still not been able to practice outdoors because of weather issues,crisper passing and positional play was more evident compared to their previous game.
With this improved play Franklin was able to take a 4-0 lead after one period and extended that to a 9-2 score at halftime.
Franklin built on the momentum they grabbed in the first half, scored eight more goals while allowing only three more for Tosa for the final score.
Sophomore goalie Noah Bachoven gave up four goals on seven shots over three periods while freshman goalie Zak Baudry made his varsity debut playing the final period giving up one goal on eight shots faced.
Scoring goals for Franklin were sophomore Matt Schutte , juniors Michaek Cuske ,Jared Karow, Alec Jakubowski, Brian Kennedy, Nick Hernandez, Zach McCanna and seniors Mikey Coakley  and Joseph Jensen.
Franklins defense was bolstered by the return of sophomore Brian Lacina and the stellar play of junior Joel "Hickory" Vitrano
Franklin will host their first two home games of the season Wednesday April 24th versus Kettle Morraine and Friday April 26th versus University School at the Milwaukee County Sports Complex in Franklin. Game times are 7:30 pm. Free admission
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- THE STARR GROUP HIRES TAYLOR NYARANGI AS GROUP BENEFITS CONSULTANT
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests Ways to Get Your Home’s Green On
- CTV Easter Week Services
- Grand Opening Activities Highlight Importance of Photos
- Build For A Better South Shore
- St. Clare Street Fair
- App Helps Children Accomplish Two Minutes of Brushing
- Grace Christian Academy's 20th Anniversary Auction
- Dulcie Schupe, Watercolor Artist at Tudor Oaks
- South Milwaukee seeks 4th District Alderperson Candidates