The Muskego 6th grade girls basketball team participated in the Wisconsin State Invitational Championship Tournament in Merrill, Wausau and Marathon on March 23 and 24 for the second year in a row, and represented well.
"This is an invitation-only tournament, so our girls were chosen as the cream of the crop from among all of those in the state," stated Schroeder. "They did very well again this year, placing 5th among the teams from across the state."
This tournament, which was organized by The Great Northwest Basketball League, brought together 83 of the top community-based 6th grade girls basketball teams from all across the State of Wisconsin. Schroeder said that while all of the girls needed to be within the Muskego-Norway School District, they included talent from St. Paul Lutheran, Hales Corners Lutheran, Lake Denoon, Bay Lane Middle School and one player who lives in the district, but is home-schooled.
If you're interested in joining the league, the Muskego Girls Basketball Organization will hold its sign ups for the 2013-14 winter season on Sunday, May 19 at Muskego High School's cafeteria beginning at 6:30 p.m. Schroeder said the organization features up to two teams per grade for girls in 4th-8th grades. Contact the City of Muskego Rec Dept for more details at 262-679-4100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- UW-Parkside's October Science Night!
- Rocktoberfest Beer Tasting
- 2015 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 24; Proceeds Support Scholarships for MATC Students
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Babe's Ice Cream Turns 10 Years Old
- INTERFAITH HOSTING ANNUAL NEIGHBORHOOD OUTREACH FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT SENIORS IN THE COMMUNITY
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, October 11th
- Community Events at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- AFS Seeks Host Families