Each year, AFS Intercultural Programs welcomes more than 2,300 international high school students to the US. These are outstanding young people who were selected in their home countries to study in US high schools and are eager to experience what it's like to live in America. Sharing daily life with a teenager from another country and culture is a rich and rewarding experience and is a wonderful way for you and your family to bring more understanding into the world.
Local AFS Volunteers will support you and your hosted student throughout your experience to help you both receive the most from your time together. You provide a bed and meals for your student, but most importantly, you should be eager and excited to share your life and activities while providing the same kind of care, support, and comfort as you would to your own child or family members. AFS welcomes all kinds of families.
Host an AFS Exchange Student and build bridges of intercultural understanding. It's a gift you'll give and receive. Most families have no idea how much they'll gain until they say yes!
Start the process at www.afsusa.org/hostfamily, or call 1-800-AFS-INFO or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wacky Wednesday Crazy Crafts for Kids August 12
- How to Make Sure Your Child Succeeds in School this Year
- Franklin Flame Fastpitch tryouts 2016
- Special on 1 Hour Foot Massage
- Wisconsin Wolfpack U15/U16 Baseball team holds Tryouts
- Alverno College Awarded Two-Year College Ready Grant from Great Lakes
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- The American Dream - Homebuyer Education presented by Educator's Credit Union
- Adam Busch named to Lawrence University dean's list
- Mom's Concussion Clinic to focus on safe sports play techniques and injury prevention