Three Franklin-area graduates – Rachael Acevedo, Brian Crupi and Angeline Herrick – are recipients of college scholarships from Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation.
The mutual company has awarded 56 scholarships to southeastern Wisconsin high school graduates, who are children of Northwestern Mutual employees and retirees. The scholarship winners were chosen based on a number of criteria, including class rank, GPA, SAT/ACT scores, extracurricular involvement and employment history.
“Rachel, Brian and Angeline have demonstrated consistently strong leadership in both the classroom and the community,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation. “The financial support from the company is not only an investment in each recipient’s future, but it’s also an investment in our future community leaders.”
Since 1994, Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation, has invested in the community with upwards of $6.1 million in scholarships to 742 high school graduates, all family sons or daughters of Northwestern Mutual employees and retirees. Students must enroll for full-time study at an accredited college, university or vocational/technical school. They are eligible to renew the scholarship for the remainder of their college career.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- INTERFAITH HOSTING ANNUAL NEIGHBORHOOD OUTREACH FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT SENIORS IN THE COMMUNITY
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, October 11th
- Community Events at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- AFS Seeks Host Families
- Airport seeks volunteers at information desk
- Sendik’s Becomes First Grocer in State to Transform Food Waste Into Energy
- United Performing Arts Fund Announces 2016 Campaign Co-Chairs
- Attend Career Fair at Easter Seals!
- Prepare Plumbing for Cool Weather
- Corporate Chair Massage Program - It's Essential!