World Book Night is an annual celebration dedicated to spreading the love of reading, person to person.
The goal of World Book Night is to seek out light or non- readers wherever they are, in towns and cities, in public settings or in places from nursing homes to food pantries, low-income schools to mass transit; especially those who may not have access to printed books for reasons of means or geography.
You can be part of the celebration and help accomplish this goal by applying to be book giver. The application deadline is January 25th
Book givers receive 20 free paperback copies of one World Book Night U.S. title, not too many to carry but enough to share with a good number of potential new readers In their applications, givers make three choices, and great effort is made to get everyone their first or second choice We’d like the books that givers distribute to be one that they’ve read and loved, so when they go out on April 23, they can say “I loved this book, and I think you will, too.” It’s integral to the fun and purpose of the day. There is no charge to the giver for these special, not-for-resale editions. Authors have foregone their royalties to make this possible.
The on-line application, www.worldbooknight.org, is very short and simple:
1.Where do you intend to give away the books?
2.To whom do you intend to give the books?
3.Why do you want to give books away? (100 word limit)
Make you top three book choices from the selections focused on adult readers, with a few books for teens and middle readers included.
Once you have been selected as a book giver, you will be notified where and when to pick-up your books during the week prior to April 23rd. . The Franklin Public Library will be a distribution center for World Book night and will host a special reception for book givers.
Book givers are asked to wait until Word Book Night, April 23rd, or during the week after to distribute their books.
You can be one of the tens of thousands of people in the U.S.to go out into your community and give away a total of half a million free books on World Book Night, spreading the joy of reading. But act quickly the deadline to apply is January 25th!
For additional information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-425-8214
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- A Carefree Moment - A charity event to support Cancer patients
- CigarMKE SPRING FLING EVENT - FEBRUARY 21ST
- Grand Opening of this New & Unique Shop Destination Shop to Carrie On
- Children's Resale at Franklin Library
- Understanding the Journey of Grief...Making Healing Choices Along the Way
- Franklin student joins clean water effort in Nicaragua
- Collaborative Divorce Group to hold Second Saturday workshop April 12th 10am-Noon Oak Creek Community Center
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner