Franklin resident wins Days of Sharing donation for Lutheran Social Services – Birth to Three Program from Northwestern Mutual
Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation, is announcing a $10,000 grant for Lutheran Social Services – Birth to Three Program on behalf of Franklin resident Rebecca Mitchell, a winner in Northwestern Mutual’s Days of Sharing campaign. The annual program encourages employees to nominate local nonprofits they care deeply about to receive grant funds in their name.
Mitchell works as a service representative specialist in the policyowner services department at the Milwaukee-based financial security company.
“This grant will help the Birth to Three Program fund programs for developmental delays, disabilities or atypical development in children,” said Mitchell. “When my son wasn't talking as much as he should have been by the age of two, my doctor referred me to this organization for speech therapy. They provided services for free, so this grant means a lot to me.”
More than 770 employees nominated their favorite local nonprofit as part of Days of Sharing this year. The 25 winning grants were chosen at random each day during the week of November 12 and range in size from $1,000 to $10,000.
“Northwestern Mutual employees have a long history of giving back to the community,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation. “This is a unique way for us to recognize and honor the passion that employees like Rebecca have for strengthening the places where we live and work.”
More than 1,000 Northwestern Mutual employees donate 21,000 hours each year to community volunteer efforts through group activities, mentoring, charity drives, and service on nonprofit boards.
In the program’s five-year history, the Northwestern Mutual Foundation has awarded more than $600,000 in grants on behalf of its employees.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Faith Academy and Faith Community Church Pumpkin Fundraiser
- Pop-Up Gallery Event: "In Memory of Chester. H. Sheard"
- Franklin Lacrosse Spring Season Registration Now Open!
- Local Residents Participate in THE ADDAMS FAMILY at Sunset Playhouse
- Prince Uncovered: A reinterpretation of the music of Prince
- MATC to Hold Open House at Oak Creek Campus Oct. 17
- Code & Go: fun, interactive coding event for girls in grades K5-8
- North Shore Bank to mark 10 years in Franklin with Oct. 17 celebration, free pumpkins
- UW-Parkside's October Science Night!
- Rocktoberfest Beer Tasting