Specially decorated for Christmas, The Polish Center of Wisconsin will glow with the warmth of a traditional Polish Christmas Eve (Wigilia) celebration. Guests will learn about Polish Christmas customs and savor a family-style Wigilia meal, catered by Jack Norman Catering and served by Polish Center volunteers.
The evening will begin with sharing of the opłatek (Wigilia wafer). The menu of traditional meatless dishes will include marinated herring, vegetable salad, barszcz (beet soup) with dumplings, fried and baked cod, pierogi, fruit compote, and assorted sweets.
After dinner there will be singing of Polish and English Christmas Carols, Koledy.
Cost: $35 for adults; $20 for children ages 6-15. Children 5 and under are free.
Call The Polish Center at 414-529-2140 to make a reservation. Reservations are required by December 2, 2012
The Polish Center of Wisconsin
6941 S 68th Street
Franklin, WI 53132
- Meet Brewer great Bill Schroeder at Point After Pub & Grille!
- Milwaukee local graduates from Concord Law School
- Fire Fighters Urge Caution Near Fireworks on Independence Day
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- Martin Luther Baseball Sets Records, Earns Honors
- UPDATE: Franklin school referendum is inevitable
- Franklin resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with autism awareness project
- South Milwaukee Football Annual Golf Outing
- FDA New Regulation