Specially decorated for Christmas, The Polish Center of Wisconsin will glow with the warmth of a traditional Polish Christmas Eve (Wigilia) celebration. Guests will learn about Polish Christmas customs and savor a family-style Wigilia meal, catered by Jack Norman Catering and served by Polish Center volunteers.
The evening will begin with sharing of the opłatek (Wigilia wafer). The menu of traditional meatless dishes will include marinated herring, vegetable salad, barszcz (beet soup) with dumplings, fried and baked cod, pierogi, fruit compote, and assorted sweets.
After dinner there will be singing of Polish and English Christmas Carols, Koledy.
Cost: $35 for adults; $20 for children ages 6-15. Children 5 and under are free.
Call The Polish Center at 414-529-2140 to make a reservation. Reservations are required by December 2, 2012
The Polish Center of Wisconsin
6941 S 68th Street
Franklin, WI 53132
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Fun With Food
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Exploring Health Innovations Inspired by the Care of Military Personnel
- Open House
- Alverno College to Host Screening of Vel Phillips Documentary