Premiering for the first time in Skylight Music Theatre’s 54 year history is the beloved musical, The Sound of Music, the true story of the von Trapp Family singers complete with cherished Rogers and Hammerstein melodies. Skylight’s production of the classic musical will feature the largest cast to date with a total of 62 members. Twenty-three of those members are youth actors from the local Milwaukee area including two from Franklin.
Harper Navin (Gretl) – Harper is a third grader at Pleasant View Elementary. Harper is very excited to be on stage at Skylight Music Theatre. Harper was last seen as Molly in the production of Annie at Sunset Playhouse. When not on stage, Harper enjoys gymnastics, art classes, theater classes, swimming, skiing and playing with friends.
Sydney Kirkegaard (Trio) – Sydney is 18 years old. She has performed at the Fireside Theater, First Stage Theater and The Milwaukee Rep. Sydney starred in the award winning short: The Girls of Alden. She is the voice of two American Girl dolls – Mia and Josephina. Sydney currently is “Wisconsin’s Distinguished Young Woman” and is a dancer and singer. She is thrilled to be back at Skylight.
The show will run from November 16 to December 31 in the Cabot Theatre. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Skylight box office at 414-291-7800 or online at www.skylightmusictheatre.org. Filled with childhood favorites like “Do-Re-Mi”, “My Favorite Things” and “Edelweiss”, The Sound of Music is the perfect family show for the holiday season!
- Welcome Pokemon Go Players
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- Annual Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Croatian Eagles Team Wins Interational Tournament
- Support Law Enforcement Families on July 27 at the Point After!
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival