Premiering for the first time in Skylight Music Theatre’s 54 year history is the beloved musical, The Sound of Music, the true story of the von Trapp Family singers complete with cherished Rogers and Hammerstein melodies. Skylight’s production of the classic musical will feature the largest cast to date with a total of 62 members. Twenty-three of those members are youth actors from the local Milwaukee area including two from Franklin.
Harper Navin (Gretl) – Harper is a third grader at Pleasant View Elementary. Harper is very excited to be on stage at Skylight Music Theatre. Harper was last seen as Molly in the production of Annie at Sunset Playhouse. When not on stage, Harper enjoys gymnastics, art classes, theater classes, swimming, skiing and playing with friends.
Sydney Kirkegaard (Trio) – Sydney is 18 years old. She has performed at the Fireside Theater, First Stage Theater and The Milwaukee Rep. Sydney starred in the award winning short: The Girls of Alden. She is the voice of two American Girl dolls – Mia and Josephina. Sydney currently is “Wisconsin’s Distinguished Young Woman” and is a dancer and singer. She is thrilled to be back at Skylight.
The show will run from November 16 to December 31 in the Cabot Theatre. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Skylight box office at 414-291-7800 or online at www.skylightmusictheatre.org. Filled with childhood favorites like “Do-Re-Mi”, “My Favorite Things” and “Edelweiss”, The Sound of Music is the perfect family show for the holiday season!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Dental Associates Teaches Students Dental Health
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- 12th Annual FPS Jazz Cabaret on March 8th
- RED OUT Report Fundraising Efforts a Great Sucess
- Collaborative Divorce Group to host Second Saturday workshops at Oak Creek Community Center April 12th 10am-Noon
- Searching for a great preschool?
- Hales Corners Woman’s Club Offering Scholarships