Premiering for the first time in Skylight Music Theatre’s 54 year history is the beloved musical, The Sound of Music, the true story of the von Trapp Family singers complete with cherished Rogers and Hammerstein melodies. Skylight’s production of the classic musical will feature the largest cast to date with a total of 62 members. Twenty-three of those members are youth actors from the local Milwaukee area including two from Franklin.
Harper Navin (Gretl) – Harper is a third grader at Pleasant View Elementary. Harper is very excited to be on stage at Skylight Music Theatre. Harper was last seen as Molly in the production of Annie at Sunset Playhouse. When not on stage, Harper enjoys gymnastics, art classes, theater classes, swimming, skiing and playing with friends.
Sydney Kirkegaard (Trio) – Sydney is 18 years old. She has performed at the Fireside Theater, First Stage Theater and The Milwaukee Rep. Sydney starred in the award winning short: The Girls of Alden. She is the voice of two American Girl dolls – Mia and Josephina. Sydney currently is “Wisconsin’s Distinguished Young Woman” and is a dancer and singer. She is thrilled to be back at Skylight.
The show will run from November 16 to December 31 in the Cabot Theatre. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Skylight box office at 414-291-7800 or online at www.skylightmusictheatre.org. Filled with childhood favorites like “Do-Re-Mi”, “My Favorite Things” and “Edelweiss”, The Sound of Music is the perfect family show for the holiday season!
- Bartelt Wins Two Regional Chrysalis Awards
- Men's Grief Support Gathering
- Comedy Night @ Hales Corners Lutheran
- Two Nationally Known Experts on Character Education to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Franklin's Gigantic Community Super Sale - May 14th (rain date May 21st)
- Singers Invited to Join Festival Choir for Patriotic Musical
- Oak Creek Youth Football - Registration is Open!!
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Local Grad promoted to Corporal
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids