How about making a New Year’s resolution early to be more mentally and physically fit? Why not look for a place where you can do both under one roof? Then look no further than Clement Manor’s Center for Enrichment (CFE) where you can find classes in history and yoga.
CFE is a place where mature adults (50 years and better) can gather to stay active, healthy and continue to learn. CFE provides opportunities for education, wellness and spiritual growth while encouraging social interaction. Through the Lifelong Learning program one can find classes in history, science, political science, yoga, T’ai Chi Ch’uan, and computers.
New in Term 6 beginning November 5 is a class on “Superheroes” led by Professor John Horgan from Concordia University. Professor Horgan will take a look at whether superheroes are the corrupters of our youth or a dynamic creative medium worthy of serious study. If you are a collector of those comic books and need to find space for them or your other possessions you may want to join us for the “Clearing Journey”, a course that will assist you in parting with your possessions. Other new offerings include “Ecology & Spirituality”, “Wars of the Northwest Frontier”, and “Under Three Flags: WI from Exploration to Statehood”. If you are a fan of King Arthur you may be interested in joining James Pietrusz as he takes us through the characters in the legend discussing the magic and mystery of Merlin and Morgan le Fey while also examining the “Quest for the Grail”!
For more information on classes or other course offerings at CFE, please call (414) 546-7990 or stop in the office at 9405 W. Howard Avenue, Monday-Wednesday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. to register or pick up a catalog of courses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Summer Performances at the Oak Creek Community Center
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- Celebrating 10 Years Of Girls Fastpitch
- Ascend Dermatology debuts new brand identity at ten locations across SE Wisconsin