The first St. Clare Street Fair was held last Sunday, September 16th, in Wind Lake and the organizers have tabbed it a huge community success. After a three year hiatus, St. Clare’s brought back the Wind Lake Street Fair moving it from the Hwy 36 frontage road to Fritz Street and their parking lot a couple of blocks to the west. The weather was beautiful, which made for a perfect day.
The Street Fair had a little of everything. 97 crafters/vendors sold a variety of items to an estimated 2,000 to 3,000 fair goers. Games, a bouncing play area, instructional gymnastics, etc entertained the kids. Great food catered by the Wind Lake Boy Scouts, plenty of beverages provided by St. Clare’s and raffles were all topped off with afternoon music in a small town atmosphere.
Mike Schmidlkofer, one of the event organizers, commented that “the day just went too fast, as all looked to be having a fun time, and bang, it was over.” He was overjoyed to see St. Clare Church open up its arms to the Wind Lake community and surrounding area and hopes to expand on that in the future.
St. Clare’s would like to thank Kelly Vecitis of The Pitstop and Bill Katzman, Jr. of Eagle Disposal for their contributions. They would also like to thank the Wind Lake community for embracing their first St. Clare Street Fair.
As St. Clare’s looks ahead to next year, the plan is to hold the event on the 3rd Sunday of May and September as did the Wind Lake Chamber for so many years. They want to build on this year making it bigger and better. They hope as crafters/vendors are added, community service organization involvement will grow.
St. Clare’s can’t wait for their next Street Fair, which will be on Sunday, May 19, 2013, and they hope that to be true of most. Save the date and join the fun.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- A Carefree Moment - A charity event to support Cancer patients
- CigarMKE SPRING FLING EVENT - FEBRUARY 21ST
- Grand Opening of this New & Unique Shop Destination Shop to Carrie On
- Children's Resale at Franklin Library
- Understanding the Journey of Grief...Making Healing Choices Along the Way
- Franklin student joins clean water effort in Nicaragua
- Collaborative Divorce Group to hold Second Saturday workshop April 12th 10am-Noon Oak Creek Community Center
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner