Looking for something to do that is relaxing and enjoyable to start out your week twice a month? The West Allis Public Library has much to offer the community, and among those offerings are the free Leisure Timers programs which occur on the second and fourth Mondays of the month,(except for Holiday weeks).
Leisure Timers programs are for adults who enjoy viewing films and slides and listening to talks relating to travel, history, and other subjects of interest. Presentations begin at 10:00 a.m. and last for about an hour. Below is the upcoming calendar for the remainder of the year:
August 27: Paula Friedman from the Wisconsin Humanities Council presents "Life's Topsy-Turvy Journey: Stages and Ages in Literature and Film" (Slides)
September 10: Tony Busalacchi presents "Berlin Today" (Slides)
September 24: "The Perfect English Village" (British Heritage Collection) (DVD)
October 8: Janet and Carl Klein present "Thailand: Travels, Temples, and More!" (Talk & Video)
October 22: "Penguins: The Birds that Wanted to Be Fish" (DVD)
November 12: Allan Heninger presents "South Dakota, Wyoming, Southeastern Montana: Various Landmarks and Sites" (Slides)
December 10: "Alaska's Wild Denali" (Denali National Park) (DVD)
(No programs on November 26 and December 24 due to Holidays)
ALL ARE WELCOME!!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Joe's FunFest
- Lose Your Job? Your Blueprint to Recovery: Top 10 Things To Do NOW!
- Teen Lock-in
- Agape Players Announces Performance Times and Locations
- Fall into Free Fun!
- Required School Supplies More than Families Can Afford
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show Announces Sponsors
- Second Saturday Aug 9 10am Oak Creek Community Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform