Franklin Lacrosse Club finished out a successful season by winnining the Classic 8 Conference championship Thursday night.
Franklin had to win three games for the title and had to earn it against two of most established lacrosse programs in our area by beating Arrowhead White and Kettle Morraine Gold to reach the title game with Arrowhead Red the opponent.
Stellar play by senior goalie Brennen Kastner and defensemen Sean Diederich, Drake Blankenmeyer and Joel "Hickory" Vitrano carried
the team to victory 6-5.
Franklin got two goals each from Michael Cuske
and Matt Schutte and single goals from Mikey "Goose" Coakley and Jake Fernandes.
As expected, head coach Eric Fernandes could not have been more happy with the championship for his young program. "This game and season is just a stepping stone for our program. As we enter varsity level play next season we will have a target on our backs. Every player will have to improve for next year if our program wants to take that next step."
Coach Fernandes presented goalie Brennen Kastner with the only game ball given out all season for his sensational play in the championship as he made 10 saves on 15 shots on goal.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Safety Message from Franklin Professional Firefighters!
- New Writers’ Night at the Franklin Public Library
- Sharpen your swords for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Franklin Public Library Children’s Department adds
- The Great Decisions Series is a Great Decision at the Franklin Public Library
- Alverno College Will Hold its 150th Commencement on December 19 and 20
- Hales Corners Chamber Social at Jetz on 12/23
- Smart Choice MRI Opens New Location in Waukesha County
- Green Bay Packers Youth Football Camps