After seven years of operation, The Academy of Performing Arts in Oak Creek is expanding to a second location in Franklin. The current studio will remain in Oak Creek at 9160 S. Pennsylvania Ave. and is opening a second studio at 7221 S. 76th St. in Franklin. The Academy will be located in the Franklin Centre. (Pick ‘N Save strip mall, between GNC and Lectric Beach Tan)
The Oak Creek location has over 800 student enrollments on a weekly basis, with almost 150 of their students from the city of Franklin. This was an obvious choice for a second location.
This second location has 3,700 square feet of space. Their sq. footage will allow for two dance rooms, a Fine Arts & Academic Preschool, two music rooms, dancewear and music retail in the lobby, and one multi-purpose room. After the existing space is remodeled this May, it will consist of professional floating dance floors, one way observation windows for parents to see in, but keeping the students from being distracted, and live video feed of instruction in the waiting area.
The Franklin location will start registering online at www.FranklinPerformingArts.com on June 1st. The Academy anticipates classes to fill up fast, as many of our existing customers switch to a more convenient location. An open house date will soon be announced with an approximate date in August once remodeling is complete. They will officially opening the doors for business in September 2012. Many of the Academy’s existing teachers will be working at both locations.
The Academy will offer dance classes for ages 2 and up in ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, poms, & contemporary. Music lessons will consist of private piano, voice, guitar, & violin. A Fine Arts & Academic Preschool will be offered for children ages 3-5 years old. Music FunTime will also be offered for ages 18 months and up. This is a group music class where children sing, dance, jump & play instruments. This innovated new program, geared from the Johns-Hopkins Research that children 7 and under can learn to read music notation and symbols, eventually, learning to play instruments.
For more information, you can log on to www.FranklinPerformingArts.com or call the Academy at (414) 768-0101.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- A Twist on Writers’ Night at the Franklin Public Library
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Summer Performances at the Oak Creek Community Center
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- Celebrating 10 Years Of Girls Fastpitch