After seven years of operation, The Academy of Performing Arts in Oak Creek is expanding to a second location in Franklin. The current studio will remain in Oak Creek at 9160 S. Pennsylvania Ave. and is opening a second studio at 7221 S. 76th St. in Franklin. The Academy will be located in the Franklin Centre. (Pick ‘N Save strip mall, between GNC and Lectric Beach Tan)
The Oak Creek location has over 800 student enrollments on a weekly basis, with almost 150 of their students from the city of Franklin. This was an obvious choice for a second location.
This second location has 3,700 square feet of space. Their sq. footage will allow for two dance rooms, a Fine Arts & Academic Preschool, two music rooms, dancewear and music retail in the lobby, and one multi-purpose room. After the existing space is remodeled this May, it will consist of professional floating dance floors, one way observation windows for parents to see in, but keeping the students from being distracted, and live video feed of instruction in the waiting area.
The Franklin location will start registering online at www.FranklinPerformingArts.com on June 1st. The Academy anticipates classes to fill up fast, as many of our existing customers switch to a more convenient location. An open house date will soon be announced with an approximate date in August once remodeling is complete. They will officially opening the doors for business in September 2012. Many of the Academy’s existing teachers will be working at both locations.
The Academy will offer dance classes for ages 2 and up in ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, poms, & contemporary. Music lessons will consist of private piano, voice, guitar, & violin. A Fine Arts & Academic Preschool will be offered for children ages 3-5 years old. Music FunTime will also be offered for ages 18 months and up. This is a group music class where children sing, dance, jump & play instruments. This innovated new program, geared from the Johns-Hopkins Research that children 7 and under can learn to read music notation and symbols, eventually, learning to play instruments.
For more information, you can log on to www.FranklinPerformingArts.com or call the Academy at (414) 768-0101.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- Support Group for Divorced and Separated
- 16U Franklin Flame Fastpitch Wounded Warrior Fundraiser
- 2014 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 25; Proceeds Support Scholarships for MATC Students
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- A Nostalgic Afternoon
- Julius Jr. Experience Comes to Greendale at Southridge Mall on Sept. 20
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Oak Creek Public Library Fall Preschool Story Time
- SM Football Boosters Holding 1st Annaul Rocktoberfest