UW-Waukesha Continuing Education also offers a variety of classes this spring that are sure to please and expand your horizons! To view our classes visit the Web site, www.waukesha.uwc.edu/ce. To register call 262-521-5460.
Beginning and Intermediate Oil Painting
Instructor, Gael Riverz
Oil Painting is easier than you think…especially with one-on-one attention and guidance given to both beginning and intermediate artists. Beginners will learn basic tools needed to produce a successful painting with the goal for our intermediate students to develop his or her own style as an artist. Each week topics such as composition, color theory, studies in still life, landscape and painting from photographs will be explored with painting demonstrations by the instructor.
T, May 15–June 26, 6:00pm-8:30pm, $119
Instructor, Darron Lillian
Delight and create in the spontaneous medium of pastels! This form offers the color of painting and immediacy of drawing with a rich directness and personal expression. Work outside in nature stressing accurate observation, how lighting affects the scene and how sun and shade affects colors. Meet first at the UW- Waukesha campus for a brief orienta¬tion and then proceed to a nearby location (approx. 5-10 minutes from campus) for the one-day workshop in pastels. Carpooling encouraged.
Sat, May 19, 8:00am-12:00pm, $49
Better Camera Settings
Instructor, Chris Jourdan
Take great photos! Learn to get your camera off Auto/Scene modes and be the professional photographer you’ve always wanted to be! Apply new found settings to different types of picture applications from sports to nature to portraits and family pictures. We’ll cover in depth all aspects of exposure control as well as topics such as aperture and depth of field, shutter speeds and freezing/blurring motion, sensitivity and ISO, and many more. Bring your camera gear.
Th, May 31-June 21, 6:00pm-9:00pm, $89
American Home Inspector’s Training Institute
Instructor, American Home Inspector’s Training Institute
Become a Home Inspector! UW-Waukesha Continuing Education and American Home Inspectors Training Institute have joined to offer you the best home inspection training available. This is a great opportunity for people wanting to own their own business or to get training to work for an established home inspection company. Register online or call our offices to obtain more information regarding this class. Please provide your name, address, email, and phone in order for a representative to contact you. Weekend classes held at UW-Waukesha.
F-Sun, June 1-3, 8:00am-5:00pm, $1,795
Join the "Knowledge Revolution" and take command of your life!
Check out the many possibilities offered through Continuing Education
Web site: www.waukesha.uwc.edu/ce
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 20 Churches & ABA pro Basketball Team Host a Citywide eWaste Event
- MOSH wins patient satisfaction award
- Annual Cudahy High School Alumni Basketball Tournament
- YOUNG WHITEFISH BAY RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- YOUNG OAK CREEK RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- YOUNG SHOREWOOD RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- YOUNG BROOKFIELD RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- YOUNG GLENDALE RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- YOUNG ELM GROVE RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- YOUNG THIENSVILLE RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER