The Franklin Lacrosse Club opened its second season of competition Wednesday night against the visiting Wauwatosa Lacrosse Club and came out with a convincing 18 - 0 victory. Franklin outshot the first year Wauwatosa squad 29 - 7 over four periods of play.
Head coach Eric Fernandes while pleased with the win was more focused on the improvement that a number of second year players made since last year.
" We had a guy last year - Chad Frey who did not score a goal for us all of last year but tonight he comes out, works hard and scores 4 goals and also plays good hard defense. This is the type of improvement we want our program and players to make as we move into Classic Eight Conference play".
Senior goalie Brennan Kastner and freshman Noah Bachofen combined for the shutout.Other players scoring goals in the win were Brian Kennedy , Michael Cuske , Mikey Coakley , Alec Jakubowski , Matt Schutte , Jake Fernandes  and Joseph Jensen .
Franklins' next game is Monday April 23 at Kettle Moraine.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Lioness Club 2015 Scholarship Applications
- Area High School FACT Members Present at Joint Finance Committee Hearing
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 3rd Annual South Milwaukee Breakfast with the Easter Bunny & Easter Egg Hunt
- Franklin Actor in Acacia Theatre's
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council