The Franklin Lacrosse Club opened its second season of competition Wednesday night against the visiting Wauwatosa Lacrosse Club and came out with a convincing 18 - 0 victory. Franklin outshot the first year Wauwatosa squad 29 - 7 over four periods of play.
Head coach Eric Fernandes while pleased with the win was more focused on the improvement that a number of second year players made since last year.
" We had a guy last year - Chad Frey who did not score a goal for us all of last year but tonight he comes out, works hard and scores 4 goals and also plays good hard defense. This is the type of improvement we want our program and players to make as we move into Classic Eight Conference play".
Senior goalie Brennan Kastner and freshman Noah Bachofen combined for the shutout.Other players scoring goals in the win were Brian Kennedy , Michael Cuske , Mikey Coakley , Alec Jakubowski , Matt Schutte , Jake Fernandes  and Joseph Jensen .
Franklins' next game is Monday April 23 at Kettle Moraine.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program Saturday March 7
- Alverno Presents Joe Westerlund’s Grandma Sparrow & His Piddletractor Orchestra
- Comedy Hypnotist Steven Coppola and Boston Comedian Mark Scalia to Perform at Franklin Elks
- Children's Resale at Robinwood Elementary on April 18
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin