The Franklin Lacrosse Club opened its second season of competition Wednesday night against the visiting Wauwatosa Lacrosse Club and came out with a convincing 18 - 0 victory. Franklin outshot the first year Wauwatosa squad 29 - 7 over four periods of play.
Head coach Eric Fernandes while pleased with the win was more focused on the improvement that a number of second year players made since last year.
" We had a guy last year - Chad Frey who did not score a goal for us all of last year but tonight he comes out, works hard and scores 4 goals and also plays good hard defense. This is the type of improvement we want our program and players to make as we move into Classic Eight Conference play".
Senior goalie Brennan Kastner and freshman Noah Bachofen combined for the shutout.Other players scoring goals in the win were Brian Kennedy , Michael Cuske , Mikey Coakley , Alec Jakubowski , Matt Schutte , Jake Fernandes  and Joseph Jensen .
Franklins' next game is Monday April 23 at Kettle Moraine.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Take Your Child to the Library Day at Franklin Public Library
- Whitnall alumna Lauryn Jashinsky graduates from UW Oshkosh with honors
- WINTER WARRIORS
- 8U Zone Baseball Looking To Fill Out Its Roster
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Free Help with Tax Returns Offered at MATC's Oak Creek and Downtown Milwaukee Campuses
- Alverno College Exceeds $30 Million Capital Campaign Goal
- Valentines Event to Benefit Firefighter Non-Profit Group
- New Spring Programming for Children at Franklin Public Library