Ana Docta of Franklin will conduct three Argentinean-inspired cooking demonstrations at this year’s Home & Garden Show. In 2009, Docta established Kasana Concierge Gourmet, an area catering service that specializes in creating custom menus for special events and gatherings throughout the Milwaukee area.
Docta will appear at the Home & Garden Show’s cooking patio on Fri., March 23 at 6 p.m.; Sat., March 24 at 5 p.m.; and Friday, March 30 at 4 p.m. She’ll demonstrate and share her recipes and techniques that highlight her South American roots. Showgoers will be treated to tasty samples of Locro, an Argentinean stew, and salmon en papillote. En papillote is a technique where the food is sealed in packages to steam in its own flavorful liquids.
The cooking patio at this year’s show features some of Milwaukee’s best chefs and introduces showgoers to new recipes and cooking techniques.
In addition to Docta, chefs from Roots Restaurant and Cellar, Sabor Brazilian Churrascaria, Umami Moto, Coquette Café and Old Town Serbian Gourmet House, among others, will conduct demonstrations.
On Sun., April 1, all three of the Milwaukee James Beard semifinalists for Best Chef in the Midwest will showcase their culinary talents – Justin Aprahamian from Sanford; Jan Kelly from Meritage; and Dan Van Rite from Hinterland Erie Street Gastropub. For a complete schedule of cooking demonstrations, visit www.mkehgs.com.
Showgoers will also get outdoor and indoor inspiration and hundreds of garden and landscape, home improvement and renovating ideas during the show’s eight-day run.
This year’s Home & Garden Show runs Friday, March 23, through Sunday, April 1, at the Wisconsin Exposition Center at State Fair Park, 8200 W. Greenfield Ave., West Allis. The show is closed Monday, March 26, and Tuesday, March 27, but reopens Wednesday, March 28 for the remainder of the event’s run.
Regular admission is $8 for adults. Admission is free for children 12 and under. For more information, call 414-778-4929 or visit www.mkehgs.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Home About Us Elections Blog News Alerts Media Contact Us Ken Skowronski Leads Fundraising Leading Into December 17th Special Election
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2014 Officers and Directors
- Ice Center Grand Opening Sunday Dec. 15
- Franklin Public Library extends Friday hours
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- You're Invited!
- Christmas Egypyian Cookie Sale
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Annual Cookie Walk at Faith Community Church - Franklin