Ana Docta of Franklin will conduct three Argentinean-inspired cooking demonstrations at this year’s Home & Garden Show. In 2009, Docta established Kasana Concierge Gourmet, an area catering service that specializes in creating custom menus for special events and gatherings throughout the Milwaukee area.
Docta will appear at the Home & Garden Show’s cooking patio on Fri., March 23 at 6 p.m.; Sat., March 24 at 5 p.m.; and Friday, March 30 at 4 p.m. She’ll demonstrate and share her recipes and techniques that highlight her South American roots. Showgoers will be treated to tasty samples of Locro, an Argentinean stew, and salmon en papillote. En papillote is a technique where the food is sealed in packages to steam in its own flavorful liquids.
The cooking patio at this year’s show features some of Milwaukee’s best chefs and introduces showgoers to new recipes and cooking techniques.
In addition to Docta, chefs from Roots Restaurant and Cellar, Sabor Brazilian Churrascaria, Umami Moto, Coquette Café and Old Town Serbian Gourmet House, among others, will conduct demonstrations.
On Sun., April 1, all three of the Milwaukee James Beard semifinalists for Best Chef in the Midwest will showcase their culinary talents – Justin Aprahamian from Sanford; Jan Kelly from Meritage; and Dan Van Rite from Hinterland Erie Street Gastropub. For a complete schedule of cooking demonstrations, visit www.mkehgs.com.
Showgoers will also get outdoor and indoor inspiration and hundreds of garden and landscape, home improvement and renovating ideas during the show’s eight-day run.
This year’s Home & Garden Show runs Friday, March 23, through Sunday, April 1, at the Wisconsin Exposition Center at State Fair Park, 8200 W. Greenfield Ave., West Allis. The show is closed Monday, March 26, and Tuesday, March 27, but reopens Wednesday, March 28 for the remainder of the event’s run.
Regular admission is $8 for adults. Admission is free for children 12 and under. For more information, call 414-778-4929 or visit www.mkehgs.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 3rd Annual South Milwaukee Breakfast with the Easter Bunny & Easter Egg Hunt
- Franklin Actor in Acacia Theatre's
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Fun With Food