Recognizing that the need for donations is greater than ever at local food banks across the nation, Curves International is kicking off the 2012 Curves Food Drive with a challenge to all Curves Clubs to meet or exceed last year's donations. Each club, including Curves Oak Creek and Franklin, is asking its members to donate bags of non-perishable food or cash throughout the month of March to support their local community food banks. In addition, Curves Oak Creek and Franklin will waive the joining fee for new members who bring in a bag of non-perishable food or donate $30 to their local food bank from March 12-25.
"Curves is committed to supporting the health and well-being of our members, so the food drive is a natural extension of that commitment to the whole community," said Curves owner Laurie Bania.
With a theme of "Good for your body and your soul," this year's drive encourages Curves members to feel doubly good about themselves as they make time to exercise for good health, and take time to help others in the community with a donation of nutritious food.
"We would love to see all of our clubs top their donation levels from last year," said Curves founder Diane Heavin. "But the main goal of our annual drive is to enlist the help of our members in re-stocking the shelves of local food pantries across the country. We also hope that new members will take this opportunity to give back to their local communities as they join our Curves community."
For more information about the 2012 Curves Food Drive, please contact Curves Oak Creek 414/766-9385, or Curves Franklin 414/525-9413.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MADACC Adopt A Shelter Cat Promotions
- Oak Creek West Students Receive Presidential Award
- Oak Creek West Honors Students
- Greendale Community Theatre Announces 2013 Summer Show: Les Misérables
- Village of Shorewood Seeks Artists for Plein Air Art Festival
- Creative Catering BBQ Demos Set For June 13 at South Milwaukee Market
- Tour le Jardin Garden Walk - Tickets are Here!
- GROWING YOUR BUSINESS IN A DOWN ECONOMY WORKSHOP IS LESS THAN 2 WEEKS AWAY
- Milwaukee Mechanic Builds a Booming International Bounce-House Business
- Muskego Impact Pound Butler Bombers