The Franklin Sabers Boys 7th grade basketball team won four straight games in Fredonia on Saturday to claim the title in the Ozaukee Area Boys Youth Basketball Tournament.
This 7th grade team has really come together this year posting a 5-3 league record and a 7-0 tourney record. The 2017 Sabers also won the Oak Creek Tournament this season defeating a very good Janesville team to take home the first place hardware in that tourney.
When I had the opportunity to catch up with the Franklin coach he was quick to compliment the boys and their work ethic. "It is very hard to find 11 kids that want to play defense. This team has been working very hard on playing solid team defense and they are now seeing the fruits of their labor. We have a ways to go, but we are certainly on the right path to getting the players to buy in to the SABER WAY!"
We will definitely keep our eye on this team this season.
The Franklin Sabers Class of 2017 Boys Basketball Team consists of: Caleb Willert, Danny Mahan, Kyle Lewis, Carson Manning, Ryan Zakszewski, Marcus Lee, Ethan Wittenburg, Jay Piotter, Cale Pliska, Latron Kirk-Sprewer Jr, Zac Poweleit
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Summer Performances at the Oak Creek Community Center
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- Celebrating 10 Years Of Girls Fastpitch
- Ascend Dermatology debuts new brand identity at ten locations across SE Wisconsin