End of Life Care – Dispelling Hospice Myths
Senior Resource Forum of Franklin, Greendale, Greenfield and Hales Corners Communities
‘Enhancing and Empowering the Lives of Older Adults’
On Tuesday, November 15th, 1:00-2:30pm join other older adults from throughout Milwaukee’s Southwest Communities of Franklin, Greendale, Greenfield and Hales Corners for a presentation given by Megan Federighe entitled A Discussion on Palliative Care and the Medicare Hospice Benefit? This offering is made possible through the sponsorship of the Senior Resource Forum. The presentation will take place at the Franklin Public Library, 9151 W. Loomis Rd., Franklin. For more information contact Nancy at 414-433-9309. Note: This is not a sponsored program of the Franklin Library.
Americans are living longer today than previous generations and many are facing declining health
due to chronic conditions such as Congestive Heart Failure or Pulmonary Disease. Know the difference between Palliative Care and Curative Care, understand what is covered under Medicare’s Hospice Benefit, and most importantly be empowered to Advocate for friends, family, or yourself when faced with the inevitable. We will be discussing the Myths and the Reality of Hospice Care.
Megan Federighe is a representative for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care. Vitas has been a national leader in End of Life for over 30 years and provided care for patients and families in SE Wisconsin for over 17 years.
The Senior Resource Forum was created by area professionals who serve older adults in the Franklin, Greendale, Greenfield and Hales Corners communities, to enhance and empower the lives of older adults through education, support and advocacy. Each monthly gathering will include a presentation from qualified presenters. Members of the Senior Resource Forum include representatives from Church and Chapel Funeral Homes, Community Care, Easy Living HHCA & Mueller Therapy, Harbour Village, New York Life Insurance, Patient Communication Advocates, Senior Planning Group, Senior Real Estate, Synergy HomeCare, and VITAS Innovative Hospice.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Special on 1 Hour Foot Massage
- Wisconsin Wolfpack U15/U16 Baseball team holds Tryouts
- Alverno College Awarded Two-Year College Ready Grant from Great Lakes
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- The American Dream - Homebuyer Education presented by Educator's Credit Union
- Adam Busch named to Lawrence University dean's list
- Mom's Concussion Clinic to focus on safe sports play techniques and injury prevention
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream at Greendale Gift of Wings!
- Muskego Youth Swims to Second Place Finish at State Finals