The last market of the 2011 season is scheduled on Saturday, October 22, at the Stahl-Conrad Homestead, 9724 W. Forest Home Ave., in Hales Corners.
In addition to veggie vendors, Hummer Hill Wood crafts will offer handmade wooden items, and Beauty by Brenna will feature handmade bath and body products.
Friends of the Hales Corners Pool will return with coffee, and a specialty booth will provide examples of pumpkin and squash dishes.
Representatives of the Hales Corners Historical Society will offer publications and information about their society.
For a full listing of vendors, go to www.HarvestattheHomestead.org. For more information, call market manager, Robert Stockinger, at 414-708-0584. Robert will also entertain with guitar and vocals.
The Homestead invites visitors to take a free tour of the 1870s farmhouse where this year's exhibit, "Making a Living on the Land," features artifacts used by settlers to create a productive farm. To arrange for a tour of the exhibit, call Bette at 414-425-5572. A new exhibit will be installed next year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- You're Invited!
- Christmas Egypyian Cookie Sale
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Annual Cookie Walk at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- AWA Star "Baron Von Raschke"
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Western Union and Better Business Bureau Warn of Charity Scams During Giving Season
- MECA's Angels for Animals