The City of Franklin Environmental Commission received a grant from the Root-Pike Watershed Initiative Network to label approximately 3000 storm drains with special curb markers intended to remind residents not to dump pollutants into the drains.
Many people aren’t aware that pollutants that enter these drains can flow directly into the tributaries of the Root River and ultimately Lake Michigan.
The Boy Scout Troops 532 and 539 are in the process of assisting the Environmental Commission with this tremendous task. Others interested in volunteering to help with this worthwhile project can contact the City of Franklin Planning Department at 414-425-4024.
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Opener on June 2nd
- Hales Corners Youth Music Theatre proudly presents "The Sound of Music"
- Beer Garden
- Valedictorian: Wisconsin Connections Academy Taught Me More than Academics
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- Join us for Croatian Fest 2016
- Martin Luther Softball Advances with Regional Win
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- FRANKLIN YOUTH FOOTBALL REGISTRATION CLOSES ON MAY 31!
- Franklin Safety Day (1)