The City of Franklin Environmental Commission received a grant from the Root-Pike Watershed Initiative Network to label approximately 3000 storm drains with special curb markers intended to remind residents not to dump pollutants into the drains.
Many people aren’t aware that pollutants that enter these drains can flow directly into the tributaries of the Root River and ultimately Lake Michigan.
The Boy Scout Troops 532 and 539 are in the process of assisting the Environmental Commission with this tremendous task. Others interested in volunteering to help with this worthwhile project can contact the City of Franklin Planning Department at 414-425-4024.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Mezzanine Manufacturer Steele Solutions Announces Leadership Changes to Accommodate Continued Growth
- Potty Training Tips for Toddlers
- Franklin Lioness Club 2015 Scholarship Applications
- Area High School FACT Members Present at Joint Finance Committee Hearing
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 3rd Annual South Milwaukee Breakfast with the Easter Bunny & Easter Egg Hunt
- Franklin Actor in Acacia Theatre's
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE