The City of Franklin Environmental Commission received a grant from the Root-Pike Watershed Initiative Network to label approximately 3000 storm drains with special curb markers intended to remind residents not to dump pollutants into the drains.
Many people aren’t aware that pollutants that enter these drains can flow directly into the tributaries of the Root River and ultimately Lake Michigan.
The Boy Scout Troops 532 and 539 are in the process of assisting the Environmental Commission with this tremendous task. Others interested in volunteering to help with this worthwhile project can contact the City of Franklin Planning Department at 414-425-4024.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's Resale at Robinwood Elementary on April 18
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin
- Peak Performance Volleyball Camp for 3rd - 8th Grade Girls
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band