The City of Franklin Environmental Commission received a grant from the Root-Pike Watershed Initiative Network to label approximately 3000 storm drains with special curb markers intended to remind residents not to dump pollutants into the drains.
Many people aren’t aware that pollutants that enter these drains can flow directly into the tributaries of the Root River and ultimately Lake Michigan.
The Boy Scout Troops 532 and 539 are in the process of assisting the Environmental Commission with this tremendous task. Others interested in volunteering to help with this worthwhile project can contact the City of Franklin Planning Department at 414-425-4024.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Memorial Day Program
- Spectrum Communications Hits the Big 3-0
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Things to do
- First Weber Welcomes Experienced Agent....
- Grant Park Warbler Walks welcomes newbies
- Mark Your Calendar K4 and K5 Open House
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Local Brownie Troop Raises Money for Helping Hands Food Pantry
- Inaugural Cudahy High School Alumni Basketball Tournament