The Franklin Sabers 12U baseball team split a pair of games this week to post a record of 5 - 2. The Sabers battled Oak Creek on Monday night (5/23) taking an early 2-0 lead. Oak Creek rattled the Sabers in the 3rd with 6 runs and with another 3 in the 6th. The Sabers threatened many times but could not come up with timely hits and Oak Creek prevailed 9 - 3.
On Tuesday night (5/24) the Sabers took on division rival Kettle Moraine Blue at beautiful Zabloki Park (Joe Harden Field). The Sabers were in control of this game posting a 9 - 3 lead into the sixth when Kettle Moraine came on strong scoring 6 runs to knot it all up at 9 - 9. As the Sabers went into the bottom of the sixth inning they loaded the bases and drove in the go ahead runs when Drew "Hollywood" Schwartz crushed a triple into the right field corner. After a quick consultation, the officials decided there was not enough time to play the 7th inning and awarded Franklin the victory.
Next up for the Sabers is a Tournament in Mequon. Great job Sabers and good luck on Sunday!
The Franklin Sabers 12U baseball team roster is as follows: Aaron Simmons, Ryan Zakszewski, Marcus Lee, Jay Piotter, Drew Schwartz, Matt McKenna, Carson Manning, Ian Spaay, Kyle Lewis, Tyler Haskins, Chase Hoppe.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Summer Performances at the Oak Creek Community Center
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- Celebrating 10 Years Of Girls Fastpitch
- Ascend Dermatology debuts new brand identity at ten locations across SE Wisconsin