Agape Players Christian Youth Theatre extends invitation to high school and college kids
Do you love to sing and dance, and are looking forward to a summer of fun? Agape Players, a Christian youth theatre group invites all interested high school (as of September 2011) and college age students to come together and form the cast of their next production. Application and deposit need to be turned in by Wednesday, June 1st. Auditions will be held at Faith Community Church, Franklin, on Monday, June 13th at 6:30 pm. Twice-weekly rehearsals (Mondays and Wednesdays, 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm) begin June 20th and continue until August 3rd. Performances will be August 5th, 6th and 7th. Visit www.childrenschristiantheatre.com/agapeplayers for details and forms.
Sally Carlson, an Agape leader, recently talked about the upcoming production. When Mrs. Carlson was asked what play will be produced this summer, she responded “It depends on how many kids sign up. If we only have seven, we will use a script that needs a smaller cast. If we have a lot of kids, then we will do a play with a larger cast. Everyone who auditions will have a part in the program.”
Mrs. Carlson is Director of Music at Faith Community Church. She co-directs Agape Players and Children’s Christian Theatre (CCT) with Jay Reinke and Laurie van Wieringen. CCT is an ecumenical outreach ministry affiliated with Faith Community Church. CCT brings kids in grades three through eight together to perform wholesome family oriented musicals. In the past, casts have included more than 40 kids from almost as many different churches of all sorts of denominations. Previous productions included “Nic at Night” and “Son Seekers Summer Vacation.” Visit www.childrenschristiantheatre.com for more information.
Faith Community Church is based in Franklin, WI and is a member of the National Association of Christian Congregational Churches and the Wisconsin Congregational Association. FCC is located at 7700 West Faith Drive, Franklin (this is about ½ mile south of Rawson on 76th Street). Call 414-433-0222 or visit www.faithcc.us for information and worship times. You can follow us on Facebook, too.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Summer Performances at the Oak Creek Community Center
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- Celebrating 10 Years Of Girls Fastpitch
- Ascend Dermatology debuts new brand identity at ten locations across SE Wisconsin