Hales Corners will celebrate International Migratory Bird Day on Saturday, May 14, 10:00 a.m. to noon, with an event at the Stahl-Conrad Homestead, 9724 W. Forest Home Ave., Hales Corners. This occasion marks the designation of Hales Corners as a Bird City by the Milwaukee Audubon Society.
Hales Corners is one of the first 15 Wisconsin communities to be honored with the Bird City designation. To receive the status, certain criteria had to be met to show that the village is creating a bird-friendly atmosphere and educating the public about issues related to bird survival.
At the May 14 event, village president Robert Ruesch will present a proclamation of the designation, and bird city representatives will have information on how to attract birds to your yard. Children can make and take home a pine cone bird feeder.
For more information, call the Hales Corners Environmental Committee chair, Delene Hanson, at (414) 425-4608, or visit the committee's website at www.hcenvironmental.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Home About Us Elections Blog News Alerts Media Contact Us Ken Skowronski Leads Fundraising Leading Into December 17th Special Election
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2014 Officers and Directors
- Ice Center Grand Opening Sunday Dec. 15
- Franklin Public Library extends Friday hours
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- You're Invited!
- Christmas Egypyian Cookie Sale
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Annual Cookie Walk at Faith Community Church - Franklin