The Franklin Noon Lions Club is proud to announce the offering of two scholarships available to local high school graduates in the amount of $1,000 each. Students interested in submitting an application must reside in the City of Franklin, Wisconsin, or attend high school in Franklin. The Lions motto of "We Serve" means we have a goal of helping people in the community, and by providing scholarships we want to help deserving young adults achieve their academic goals.
The scholarships will be awarded to a graduating high school senior planning to pursue a 2 year or 4 year degree, or a trade or vocational studies program. High academic standing is not the sole determining factor for scholarship award.
For the 2011 Scholarship Guidelines and Application please contact Lion Bruce Kaniewski at 414-339-4105. The application packet is available in the guidance office for high school seniors attending Franklin, Oak Creek or Whitnall High School. The application deadline is Friday, May 6, 2011.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 60th Wedding Anniversary
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Eagle Scout Project in Progress at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- Children's Author Deborah Diesen to Visit Oak Creek Public Library
- Local Vape Shop Kicks Butts
- "The Ultimate Sacrifice and History" presented by Tom Mueller (Oak Creek Resident)
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Economic Developments on the Horizon in Oak Creek and Franklin
- The Travels of Pat Ostergren