Two West Allis firefighter teams participated in the Fight for Air Climb fundraising event sponsored by the American Lung Association. Milwaukee’s Air Climb took place on Mar.19, 2011 at the US Bank Center. The tallest building in WI.
The challenges for firefighters are climbing to the top in full gear,including their oxygen tanks, 1,034 steps. This year 24 F/F teams were represented from around the state, raising funds to support the Am. Lung Assoc. mission of saving lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease. The West Allis teams placed 2nd and 5th
Pictured from left to right back row: Chief Hook and sons supporting their team, Jay Scharfenberg, Steve Prusinski,Dan DeSnoo,Mason Pooler, Jon Hauboldt,Lt. Greg Lenske,front row: Curt Maly, Jesse Schwark,Steve Peterson, Steve Kaltenbrun
Five of the above team members went on to compete in Chicago’s Fight For Air Climb Sun. Mar 27, 2011 held at the Presidential Towers. The Ultimate Challenge for Firefighters was to complete all four Towers in full gear. 180 floors/2,340 steps. The first tower was a timed event and WAFD took 1st place. They continued their goal and made it to the top of all four towers. Your accomplishment is an example to all. Congratulations
The team: Jesse Schwark, Steve Prusinski, Steve Peterson, Mason Pooler, Steve Kaltenbrun
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- State Farm Welcomes New Agent Jason Aexel to Muskego
- Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Free thing to do at Franklin's 4th of July Civic Celebration
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- Let's Prevent Another Chemical Incident
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held at Greenfield Park on September 26