Two West Allis firefighter teams participated in the Fight for Air Climb fundraising event sponsored by the American Lung Association. Milwaukee’s Air Climb took place on Mar.19, 2011 at the US Bank Center. The tallest building in WI.
The challenges for firefighters are climbing to the top in full gear,including their oxygen tanks, 1,034 steps. This year 24 F/F teams were represented from around the state, raising funds to support the Am. Lung Assoc. mission of saving lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease. The West Allis teams placed 2nd and 5th
Pictured from left to right back row: Chief Hook and sons supporting their team, Jay Scharfenberg, Steve Prusinski,Dan DeSnoo,Mason Pooler, Jon Hauboldt,Lt. Greg Lenske,front row: Curt Maly, Jesse Schwark,Steve Peterson, Steve Kaltenbrun
Five of the above team members went on to compete in Chicago’s Fight For Air Climb Sun. Mar 27, 2011 held at the Presidential Towers. The Ultimate Challenge for Firefighters was to complete all four Towers in full gear. 180 floors/2,340 steps. The first tower was a timed event and WAFD took 1st place. They continued their goal and made it to the top of all four towers. Your accomplishment is an example to all. Congratulations
The team: Jesse Schwark, Steve Prusinski, Steve Peterson, Mason Pooler, Steve Kaltenbrun
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 3rd Annual Greenfield H.S. Cheerleaders Rummage Sale
- Introduction to Tablets & e-Readers: Hands on Experience with Experts from Best Buy
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement & Remodeling Show
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- Support Group for Divorced and Separated
- 16U Franklin Flame Fastpitch Wounded Warrior Fundraiser
- 2014 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 25; Proceeds Support Scholarships for MATC Students
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- A Nostalgic Afternoon
- Julius Jr. Experience Comes to Greendale at Southridge Mall on Sept. 20