Pins. Points. Brackets. Weigh-ins. These terms are not often heard together until you are in the midst of the wrestling season. To young wrestlers, these are terms that are part of a sport that teaches self-motivation, good sportsmanship, individual goals and accomplishments, and friendship.
As the wrestling season comes to a close, the Oak Creek Attack Wrestling Club is proud to announce that the club had 24 wrestlers participate in six different tournaments across the state as part of the Wisconsin Wrestling Federation youth regional tournament on Saturday, March 12th. Twelve of the wrestlers placed 3rd or higher with seven of them advancing to the state tournament.
The state tournament will be held in Madison on Friday, March 25th and Saturday, March 26th. The wrestlers advancing to the state tournament are Joe Colla (72 pounds), Nolan Paar (81 pounds), Adam Jones (135 pounds), Tony Fenner (150 pounds), Ryan Correa (160 pounds), Jake Regazzi (175 pounds), and Nick Gottfried (210 pounds). This is not the first year for some of the wrestlers as Nolan and Tony are making a return trip to the state tournament after qualifying in 2010 as well.
The Oak Creek Attack Wrestling Club is a youth wrestling club that was formed in 2005 for girls and boys from Kindergarten through 8th grade with all levels of experience and knowledge. The club practices twice a week at the Oak Creek High School from December through March. There are currently over 100 youth members enrolled in the club. For more information about the Oak Creek Attack, please visit the website at www.oakcreekattack.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Take Your Child to the Library Day at Franklin Public Library
- Whitnall alumna Lauryn Jashinsky graduates from UW Oshkosh with honors
- WINTER WARRIORS
- 8U Zone Baseball Looking To Fill Out Its Roster
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Free Help with Tax Returns Offered at MATC's Oak Creek and Downtown Milwaukee Campuses
- Alverno College Exceeds $30 Million Capital Campaign Goal
- Valentines Event to Benefit Firefighter Non-Profit Group
- New Spring Programming for Children at Franklin Public Library