Pins. Points. Brackets. Weigh-ins. These terms are not often heard together until you are in the midst of the wrestling season. To young wrestlers, these are terms that are part of a sport that teaches self-motivation, good sportsmanship, individual goals and accomplishments, and friendship.
As the wrestling season comes to a close, the Oak Creek Attack Wrestling Club is proud to announce that the club had 24 wrestlers participate in six different tournaments across the state as part of the Wisconsin Wrestling Federation youth regional tournament on Saturday, March 12th. Twelve of the wrestlers placed 3rd or higher with seven of them advancing to the state tournament.
The state tournament will be held in Madison on Friday, March 25th and Saturday, March 26th. The wrestlers advancing to the state tournament are Joe Colla (72 pounds), Nolan Paar (81 pounds), Adam Jones (135 pounds), Tony Fenner (150 pounds), Ryan Correa (160 pounds), Jake Regazzi (175 pounds), and Nick Gottfried (210 pounds). This is not the first year for some of the wrestlers as Nolan and Tony are making a return trip to the state tournament after qualifying in 2010 as well.
The Oak Creek Attack Wrestling Club is a youth wrestling club that was formed in 2005 for girls and boys from Kindergarten through 8th grade with all levels of experience and knowledge. The club practices twice a week at the Oak Creek High School from December through March. There are currently over 100 youth members enrolled in the club. For more information about the Oak Creek Attack, please visit the website at www.oakcreekattack.com.
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- Martin Luther Baseball Sets Records, Earns Honors
- UPDATE: Franklin school referendum is inevitable
- Franklin resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with autism awareness project
- South Milwaukee Football Annual Golf Outing
- FDA New Regulation
- Memory Café to Come to Franklin Public Library
- Franklin Senior Awarded Rotary Scholarship
- First Outdoor Movie of the Summer in Greendale