Pins. Points. Brackets. Weigh-ins. These terms are not often heard together until you are in the midst of the wrestling season. To young wrestlers, these are terms that are part of a sport that teaches self-motivation, good sportsmanship, individual goals and accomplishments, and friendship.
As the wrestling season comes to a close, the Oak Creek Attack Wrestling Club is proud to announce that the club had 24 wrestlers participate in six different tournaments across the state as part of the Wisconsin Wrestling Federation youth regional tournament on Saturday, March 12th. Twelve of the wrestlers placed 3rd or higher with seven of them advancing to the state tournament.
The state tournament will be held in Madison on Friday, March 25th and Saturday, March 26th. The wrestlers advancing to the state tournament are Joe Colla (72 pounds), Nolan Paar (81 pounds), Adam Jones (135 pounds), Tony Fenner (150 pounds), Ryan Correa (160 pounds), Jake Regazzi (175 pounds), and Nick Gottfried (210 pounds). This is not the first year for some of the wrestlers as Nolan and Tony are making a return trip to the state tournament after qualifying in 2010 as well.
The Oak Creek Attack Wrestling Club is a youth wrestling club that was formed in 2005 for girls and boys from Kindergarten through 8th grade with all levels of experience and knowledge. The club practices twice a week at the Oak Creek High School from December through March. There are currently over 100 youth members enrolled in the club. For more information about the Oak Creek Attack, please visit the website at www.oakcreekattack.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Resident Particiaptes in THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE at Sunset Playhouse
- Refuse To Be A Victim ® Seminar to be Presented in Muskego
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- State Farm Welcomes New Agent Jason Aexel to Muskego
- Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Free thing to do at Franklin's 4th of July Civic Celebration
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program