The Franklin High School Girls and Boys Bowling Teams are returning to State Competition in Green Bay March 4-6.
This is the 8th year in a row that the boy’s team has advanced to state competition. They received an automatic invite by finishing 1st in there division during the regular season.
Coaches Steve Spott and Gary Daroszewski have a young team with Juniors Brad Wiegert, Ryan Retzlaff, Jenkin Blazel, Jon Benning and Sophomores Kyle Spott, Robert Mantey, Jake Benning and Tommy Schneider.
The girls are returning to state by finishing 1st at the conference tournament Feb. 12. The girl’s team struggled at times at the event but finished strong to earn the bid.
Coaches Lori Schommer and Gina Daroszewski team has Seniors Sadie Jasinski, Dani Carstens, Juniors Stephanie Gross, Crystal Remsza, Sophomores Jenna Daroszewski, Kristen Delano and Freshman Alyssa Coy.
Also 4 individuals qualified for Singles Competition in Green Bay. They are Brad Wiegert, Kyle Spott, Sadie Jasinski and Kristen Delano.
In the Singles event the boys will compete against over 100 other boys and the girls will compete against over 65 other females from through out Wisconsin.
All Conference awards went to
1st team - Sadie Jasinski, Kyle Spott and Brad Wiegert
2nd team - Dani Carstens and Kristen Delano
Honorable Mention – Jenna Daroszewski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- State Farm Welcomes New Agent Jason Aexel to Muskego
- Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Free thing to do at Franklin's 4th of July Civic Celebration
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- Let's Prevent Another Chemical Incident
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held at Greenfield Park on September 26